New truck on order, old one for sale!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
I think 34k seems like a fair price for his truck. It's a longhorn so it's a couple thousand more than a Laramie. Also 38k otd seems a little hard to believe on a Laramie. That's over 25% off sticker at least

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

im not trying to make anyone believe anything. just stating what I payed for my truck and what my good friend said he was quoted at our local dealer.

should have kept my mouth shut. sorry guys.

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
neve said your price was high. If i thought it was I would have said it. just giving you a few examples for out the door prices on truck in my area. no offence intended.
Yeah no worries, I'm not advertising in the US, so I'm not concerned with being on par with US pricing. No Canadians will be looking south of the border for cars with this exchange rate lol, although I have had a couple Americans call me about it.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Yeah no worries, I'm not advertising in the US, so I'm not concerned with being on par with US pricing. No Canadians will be looking south of the border for cars with this exchange rate lol, although I have had a couple Americans call me about it.

we are currently loosing american welding fabrications to Canada because of the exchange rate. it is a HUGE difference on a few hundred thousand dollar base. you guys are killing us right now.

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
we are currently loosing american welding fabrications to Canada because of the exchange rate. it is a HUGE difference on a few hundred thousand dollar base. you guys are killing us right now.
Yeah the exchange is killing me right now too! I'm a sales rep for different RV manufacturers. Essentially all RVs are built in Indiana, so what my dealers used to pay 20,000 (dealer cost when the dollar was closer to par) for are now paying 26,000. Needless to say it's definitely hurt business this past year. Just have to ride it out and hope it gets better soon!

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Quick question, is getting the new truck predicated upon selling this one ? Only reason that I ask is you have a wonderful truck currently and as stated if you can hold off, the right buyer will surely pop up on your doorstep. Also just to be nosey, the dealership will order another truck if you are still currently carrying a truck loan ? This is of course me assuming that you have a current truck loan.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Quick question, is getting the new truck predicated upon selling this one ? Only reason that I ask is you have a wonderful truck currently and as stated if you can hold off, the right buyer will surely pop up on your doorstep. Also just to be nosey, the dealership will order another truck if you are still currently carrying a truck loan ? This is of course me assuming that you have a current truck loan.
If you credit is approved for it, and the bank approves it if you even need a bank, you can order as many trucks as you want.

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel

No it isn't, I negotiated a trade in price with the dealer, so if all else fails I can trade it in when the new truck comes in.

Yes they will order the new one, I'm not sure if they would if what you owe exceeds the price of the new truck, but I only owe 9000 on my truck, so the dealer will either deduct that loan out of my trade in price, or I'll just pay it off before I sell.

Mineralram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Remember some people dont do there home work on pricing, but what he is asking is on the extreme highside. Some would rather buy a truck already done up.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
xrsman

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Remember some people dont do there home work on pricing, but what he is asking is on the extreme highside. Some would rather buy a truck already done up.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
Well maybe in the US, but in Canada my truck is the lowest priced lifted Longhorn available

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice man. I always liked looking at your truck pics.

My ram 1500 journey may soon be coming to an end..either by next week or in a month or two. I've given up and sold my soul for a dodge charger scat pack.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Mauzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Yes! Welcome to the diesel world! Call Thuren right now so he can get your shocks building!

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
nice man. I always liked looking at your truck pics.

My ram 1500 journey may soon be coming to an end..either by next week or in a month or two. I've given up and sold my soul for a dodge charger scat pack.

Sent from my sm-g935v using tapatalk

do you still have a truck at your house or is it only cars/suv's now?

EDIT: i mean once you sell the truck

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
do you still have a truck at your house or is it only cars/suv's now?

EDIT: i mean once you sell the truck
My girlfriend has a suv....I will get my charger at some point...and I might be looking at either a small used pickup truck, or a smaller car for those inclement weather days.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
My girlfriend has a suv....I will get my charger at some point...and I might be looking at either a small used pickup truck, or a smaller car for those inclement weather days.

iF A TRUCK WASN'T A NECESSITY FOR ME i WOULD BE ALL OVER A CHALLENGER, CHARGER, MUSTANG, CAMARO......WHATEVER I COULD GET MY GRIMY HANDS ON.

arod412

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
iF A TRUCK WASN'T A NECESSITY FOR ME i WOULD BE ALL OVER A CHALLENGER, CHARGER, MUSTANG, CAMARO......WHATEVER I COULD GET MY GRIMY HANDS ON.
Haha..my grimy has have been drooling over a charger SP since last year. I loved using my truck, but I think I use the bed roughly 30% of the time. Most of the time, it's empty and I'm just shuttling my kiddies to school and picking them up. I do like the mustangs, but I need 4 door sedan. If I'm going to drop $40k on a sedan..im getting one with almost 500hp...lol

P.s. I have a quad cab. If I had a crew cab it might be different and I might have held on to it a little longer. Still would eventually get a charger.

U&A

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 3500 SRW
Engine
6.4 HEMI
Haha..my grimy has have been drooling over a charger SP since last year. I loved using my truck, but I think I use the bed roughly 30% of the time. Most of the time, it's empty and I'm just shuttling my kiddies to school and picking them up. I do like the mustangs, but I need 4 door sedan. If I'm going to drop $40k on a sedan..im getting one with almost 500hp...lol

P.s. I have a quad cab. If I had a crew cab it might be different and I might have held on to it a little longer. Still would eventually get a charger.

HAVE FUN AND POST PICS.:roflsquared:

I dont care if its not a truck. :favorites13:

Barcelo5

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 6 speed with mds
Congrats xrs. And I don't think your that far off on the price. Bought my almost fully loaded sport in Oakville for 34,000 before tax and it had 50,000k. And the mods deff help the sale too.