Newb from Louisiana

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gotbrains230

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey everyone
Im a newbie here, but Im on another forum and decided to give this one a shot, and so far so good. A full LED retrofit has been done on interior and exterior. Retro-Solutions 55w 8000k in lows and fog, debating on whether I want projectors for both or not. LED lights mounted on headache rack. Recon fire and ice tailgate bar, Recon Big Rig Running Lights, Recon smoked cab lights with integrated turn signals, which means the cab lights flash with turn signals and hazards (one of my favorite mods). Smoked tails, 5% tint with 12" eyebrow, PlastiDipped front and rear bumper, PlastiDipped wheels, Volant CAI. There are plenty of other things done to my RAM, just cant recall LOL. Anyways, since I know everyone loves pics, Ive posted some

STOCK
stockj.jpg

CURRENT (minus Hellas on brush guard)
86512009.jpg

SHOTS OF HELLAS (not sure why lows and street light are green tho LOL)
hella5.jpg

hella4.jpg

RANDOM PICS
truck2j.jpg

backmj.jpg

Last edited:

Sagebrush2500

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 2500 Big Horn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome from O-Ville, PA. I also tried another forum but found this one to be far friendlier and more on point.

Meantime, I cannot think the right words to describe in a PG way how pi$$ed I am at you for showing off the awesome job you've done with the lighting on that truck. I've been debating similar upgrades and your photos make it seem impossible to avoid!!! Great work!

OP
OP
gotbrains230

gotbrains230

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
HAHA thanks man, yea Im a LED & HID nut, and I got more planned
And dont mind the wires hanging down, they were just wired up temp to get some light output shots...cant wait to get those HIDs in there

GhostRam94

Reaction score
Ram Year
2009 Laramie CC
Engine
5.7 HEMI
welcome and that is a sick truck!!!!! you have just gave me some ideas because i am also in love hids/leds:D

TexasRammer

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
That thing is badass! I wanna see the light form inside the cab, like how far they shine

OP
OP
gotbrains230

gotbrains230

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Thanks yall...I dont have any from inside the truck, Ill get some this coming week though. I still got convert them to HID and mount the switches. But heres some pics that I do have, theyre not aimed properly and shine out to the sides more than shown..I just wanted to see what these things would do

Just Hellas (2 in middle are 500ff driving lights and can shine a lot further, but thats all the cleared land I have, the rest is woods)
hella1.jpg

With lows, fogs, and Hellas on (just a comparison as to what theyre be like when converted to HIDs, should be 3x brighter)
hella3.jpg

Just hellas at 100' away
hella2.jpg

TLC John

Reaction score
Ram Year
2006 RAM 1500
Engine
Hemi
Welcome.....Good to see you here!

Hi GB.....Good to see you here!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome

OP
OP
gotbrains230

gotbrains230

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
haha I guess not
Im liking this forum, pretty different from the other one
And I like seeing the different trucks also :smileup:

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Welcome man! Nice truck. I was stationed in New Orleans about a year ago and really got to love the state (not so much the city though, lol)

OP
OP
gotbrains230

gotbrains230

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Welcome man! Nice truck. I was stationed in New Orleans about a year ago and really got to love the state (not so much the city though, lol)
Thanks bud, Im in northwest LA, much different from all that crap they got down there
Dont get me wrong, its nice to visit and drink at, but I would NEVER live there
Im in the woods, and I will continue to live there

USMC1188

Reaction score
Ram Year
None
Engine
Truckless...
Thanks bud, Im in northwest LA, much different from all that crap they got down there
Dont get me wrong, its nice to visit and drink at, but I would NEVER live there
Im in the woods, and I will continue to live there

See I completely agree. Every weekend off me and my buddies got outta the town and enjoyed what Louisiana really had to offer. I cannot wait to go back and visit.

suzukiquadrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
2000 , 2004
Engine
cummins 5.9, 6.6 duramax
Welcome! Sweet lighting setup man it looks nice!

OP
OP
gotbrains230

gotbrains230

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
See I completely agree. Every weekend off me and my buddies got outta the town and enjoyed what Louisiana really had to offer. I cannot wait to go back and visit.
Come on down and we can have a beer. Garner might say that I drink too much, but dont listen to him LOL
I really love the wetlands down south, but I can get the same thing 45 minutes of my house at the camp. I love going up there, just to get away from everyone and everything you know. Just go up there, get on the boat, set some yo-yo's and drink beer and not have a worry in the world. Yep I think Im going next weekend. I got screwed this weekend and didnt make it home, so Im due LOL
And where else can you shoot gators just because they're a "nuisance to the public", besides Florida LOL
Hows that for a short & sweet life story
Welcome! Sweet lighting setup man it looks nice!
Thanks man, yea I kinda an addict with it comes to lights lol