Newbie and HELP!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruthless09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Hey guys,

So recently I bought my self a 2009 Dodge Ram 1500 from a dealership ( not Chrysler) one of those smaller used car / truck dealers....Anyway, not too long ago I've been experiencing some issues, been to about 3 mechanics who have told me nothing.

ABS, ESPBAS, Traction Control, E Brake
like are all coming on, and here and there my speedo decides it just wont work at all.

I've tried turning the key 3 times to look for codes, sometimes when i shut off and re start the truck the lights disappears for a bit but the the ABS & ESP BAS come back on and stay on.

I took it back to the dealership where I bought it because they said they would diagnose it for free and now get news, he has no idea just thinks its to do with wiring.

Any ideas? :Insane:

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Welcome aboard.
Sounds like a diagnostic fee at a reliable shop would be money well spent.
If its not covered under warranty anyway at least you can buy the parts online and replace them yourself.

OP
OP
R

Ruthless09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Thanks guys,

I've been doing some reading and tried to check for the wheel sensor, couldn't find it. I've had about 3 mechanics hook it up to the computer for diagnostic but since there's no codes showing I haven't gotten any answers.

I did recently have my tires changed though a few months back, could this have affected it?

Yea,audio1der your right. I'll see about taking it to a Dodge.

audio1der

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Stuff happens. I had an ABS light some on last year. Turns out I must have run something over and it actually TORE my ABS sensor right off my Hub.
(My car is lowered so I'm pretty damn careful about not driving over anything, so this was a real surprise).

OP
OP
R

Ruthless09

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi V8
Sure does.

One more question, sorry. I'm new to owning a Dodge, this is my first one.

I'm not sure whether or not this is still covered under warranty, I found info online that says 5yrs or 100,000 miles which ever comes first. Would this be then the 160,000kms it converts to Canadian?

Right now I'm sitting at 137,000km and the truck is 4 years old.

Thanks for all the help!

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
welcome, did you ever get this figured out?

chuck

Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 True Blue Big Horn
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
welcome to the forum, hope you got the issue worked out.

1ATony

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
Welcome to the Ram Forum

Tony