Newbie here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Nick_rp

I=V/R
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 1500
Engine
5.7 Sport
Welcome! And thanks for saying hi!

Well like buying any used vehicle, I'd recommend changing all fluids bumper to bumper. For the trans just check the fluid condition and if you feel it needs it just do a drain and fill a couple times.

Being as it is a mopar vehicle, it most likely will take special oils, I dont have a gen 3 so you should head to gen 3 forums and do a search just in case.

I've always like air brushed murals, one day I'll get me a windowless van and get that Skywalker mural on the sides lol I loved those when I was a kid

Take care of her and she will take care of you. The owners of this forum are knowledgeable and love to help but most of the questions you will ever have will probably already been answered so dont be a stranger to the search function.

Have a stellar day and enjoy your new truck!

SYKRAMMAN

Banned
Reaction score
Ram Year
06 Mega
Engine
Hello thanks for letting me join. I purchased a 5.9 v8 ram yesterday. This is my first American truck. I’m open to advise and guidance.

View attachment 177766
Welcome to the family. Do what Nick_ rp said and you should be fine, take care of you’re truck and she’ll take care of you. The main thing is to keep up on preventative maintenance and check fluid levels regularly. Good luck and have fun with you’re good’ol American truck.

quietpeen

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 TRX
Engine
Hellcat
Welcome

Ramm5.7

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Bighorn
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Welcome to the Ramily from the left coast

ETX Ram

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Longhorn Southfork Edition
Engine
6.4L Hemi
Hello thanks for letting me join. I purchased a 5.9 v8 ram yesterday. This is my first American truck. I’m open to advise and guidance.

:welcome: to the very best Ram forum around @Glyn ellis! Lots of good folks and info right here. That is one fine looking ride you have there!
Lee