Newbie with R/T wanting to cut BT 2/4 to a 3/5

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Assuming that they fit. Will these help us go from the standard 2/3 inch front drop to maybe something more in the 4/5 maybe even a 6 inch front drop with less issues?

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I wonder if they would work for our lowered trucks since they are meant for lifted trucks. The arms seam a little shorter than stock arms. If they work I would be willing to give them a try if the price is right...

Hurry up and buy them and give us feedback

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
Assuming that they fit. Will these help us go from the standard 2/3 inch front drop to maybe something more in the 4/5 maybe even a 6 inch front drop with less issues?

No, the issue is with the lower control arm contacting the frame, not the upper control arm. If you went with the MMW front kit then you are redoing the upper arm mounts and flipping the lower arm to run below the spindle which will prevent the bump stops from hitting the frame and realigning the upper arm travel path with the lower arm path.

BlkRamRt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
No, the issue is with the lower control arm contacting the frame, not the upper control arm. If you went with the MMW front kit then you are redoing the upper arm mounts and flipping the lower arm to run below the spindle which will prevent the bump stops from hitting the frame and realigning the upper arm travel path with the lower arm path.

Gotcha. Thanks for the info.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
charonblk07,

What's your thoughts on tubular vs box welded adjustable arms? These threads keep my desired to design and make my own set up for lowered and bagged rigs...

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
charonblk07,

What's your thoughts on tubular vs box welded adjustable arms? These threads keep my desired to design and make my own set up for lowered and bagged rigs...

Box welded arms are easier to get the alignment perfect during construction, if you do tubular arms then you have to use a jig to ensure all the mounting points are exactly where they need to be, also, no two arms will be identical with tubular arms but they are always a lighter arm and look better than boxed or water cut arms.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good points... I have a nice 5'x10'x1" thick welding table so making a jig isn't too hard but maybe I will design both out. This being one of those hobby things it will probably take me till I'm 90 but working on it.

I'm still trying to find cad files or 3d files of our frames to work with and not have to measure from scratch as that would take alot of time and prob end up with errors

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice, love to hear your opinion on them once they are installed

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
S

Smurfkiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ok so my 964 kit should be here Friday. I'll install over the weekend sometime. Seems lots say keep the front R/T shocks. So on the rear I'll either do BT streets or today I'm going to see if I can get a set of fox shox. I just need to know a few measurements. Collapsed length , extended length etc.

What is the part# for the short front sway bar links? I think I read they are from a f150.

OP
OP
S

Smurfkiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
ok install complete. i used the BT 964 kit cut the front 1/2 coil and cut 1 1/2 coils off the rear. looks great rides good. camber is about -1* right now. so ill use the moog ball joints to get closer to 0

blackhemi16

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Hey I plan on doing this also but I'm just going to keep my stock shocks for now and just get the belltech spring kit. I was wondering after you cut your springs how was the fitment? Did u modify the cut end to have it properly seated? Or did u just put it in as is? Also would it be ok to leave it as is? Would it be stable and not move around/ spin? Thanks..

OP
OP
S

Smurfkiller

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey I plan on doing this also but I'm just going to keep my stock shocks for now and just get the belltech spring kit. I was wondering after you cut your springs how was the fitment? Did u modify the cut end to have it properly seated? Or did u just put it in as is? Also would it be ok to leave it as is? Would it be stable and not move around/ spin? Thanks..

yes just knocked off sharp edges splash of paint to prevent rust and install. they sit in the rubber spring perch they wont spin. no biggie on install they do need to be oriented the correct way but its pretty obvious. if your worried just pay attention when removing stock springs and reinstall new springs same way.

MCMLXIX

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI R/T
I'm still trying to find cad files or 3d files of our frames to work with and not have to measure from scratch as that would take alot of time and prob end up with errors

Did you ever get and files? I want a lower control arm with a 1" drop spring cup to get a 3" drop with a Belltech 2" drop spring...

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Did you ever get and files? I want a lower control arm with a 1" drop spring cup to get a 3" drop with a Belltech 2" drop spring...

Did you check with Inez,he might build you a 1" drop lower arm