No back up camera in a RA2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AWLINK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I just changed out my RA1 radio to a RA2 . I purchased the harness to split the back up camera signal from the rear view mirror to the radio. I still have the camera in the mirror, but the radio does not. It has Camera not available on the screen. I called Infotainment where I got the harness and they are confused as why it won't work. Any thoughts from anyone?

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Maybe a bad harness or not the correct one? There is a vendor who builds and sells them if you decide to return that one. He can help you with all of the questions, but probably wouldn't know another company's harness.

adurham041

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I upgraded to the RA4 and I had no sound after installing the unit. I called Infotainment and they believe the problem is with the new bezel knob wiring. The bezel was returned and I’m waiting for the replacement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

AWLINK

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
I was told by a stereo shop that the dealer would have to flash the computer so it would know the radio had been switched.

adurham041

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I was told by a stereo shop that the dealer would have to flash the computer so it would know the radio had been switched.

Thanks, if the same problem occurs once I receive the replacement bezel then I will go to the dealership.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TMyers

USMC 84' - 92'
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
I went from an RA1 to a RA2 for the phone and Bluetooth. It didn’t require a flash.

Next, I wanted the screen to show my backup camera along with the rear view mirror. It would not work. No blue screen no camera info at all. I let the dealership try to flash it and still no joy.

I found another RA2 really cheap so I bought it. I switched it out with the first one and I got the blue screen with this one. After all of this, I bought a third brake light cargo camera and made a switch myself to toggle between the cargo and backup cameras. Everything works great except for my factory CD player. Neither RA2 recognize it.