No dome light with driver rear door.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jforse

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 QC 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Like the title says. When opening the driver rear door on my 04 QC the dome light does not come on but it will work with all the other doors. Anybody have an idea what is going on? I looked for a door pin but these trucks do not have one in the jam.

-J

HemiBabe

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi
hmmm.... bump for ya, maybe someone will chime in

Ocelot

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I would check the door switch. It could be stuck in the door closed state. Does your year Ram have a door ajar indicator? If it does and that doesn't work either, I would say the door switch.

OP
OP
jforse

jforse

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 QC 1500
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I would check the door switch. It could be stuck in the door closed state. Does your year Ram have a door ajar indicator? If it does and that doesn't work either, I would say the door switch.

The door switch must be integral to the latch. I'll have to look around to see if I can get another to put in.

dezznutzz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Did you get it fixed? I'm having the same problem.

HLram

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 and 2007
Engine
Hemi 5.7 in both
try spraying WD-40 into the latch switch area. Then open and shut door a few times fairly hard.

Theo112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I had trouble with my rear speaker working on the rear driver side. It ended up being the crappy wiring that goes from the jam to the door ( and is wrapped in rubber).
Unplug the harness from the door jam, and check for a broken broken or damaged wire. That was where my problem was.
Now my power door lock doesn't work on that same door. That's the first place I'm gonna look. Hope that helps.

Theo112

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I looked in the same spot in hopes of fixing my driver rear power door lock as stated above. Sure enough, that's exactly where my problem was. I took a "flat-head" screw driver and popped that connecter loose at the door jam. I then slid the rubber that surrounds those wires back, and discovered my second broken wire in that harness. A little solder and shrink tubing, and I was back in business.