No Heat. Question about blend door actuators...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jack W

Reaction score
Ram Year
2005 2017
Engine
Hemi 5.7
2010 1500. No heat. Flushed system and just the heater core. It's pluged. Tried CLR soak, no change. I surrender. Filled system with correct Mopar anti-freeze. Going to have the dash pulled and a/c heater box removed. New Evap core, new heater core, and Geno's filter kit to be installed. I want to change the blend door actuators. All of them. Are they all the same? Aside from the one for manual temp control vs automatic temp control, I'm guessing those two are different?

Recommendations?

Mister Luck

cassis tutissima virtus
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016/2017
Engine
5.7 V8
2010 1500. No heat. Flushed system and just the heater core. It's pluged. Tried CLR soak, no change. I surrender. Filled system with correct Mopar anti-freeze. Going to have the dash pulled and a/c heater box removed. New Evap core, new heater core, and Geno's filter kit to be installed. I want to change the blend door actuators. All of them. Are they all the same? Aside from the one for manual temp control vs automatic temp control, I'm guessing those two are different?

Recommendations?
CLR is weak I would have used 5% vinegar off the shelf but then any rust through will create holes

I’ve done a search on youtube but only find stuff for Cherokees I’m not sure if they’re the same part number

Last edited:

GTyankee

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 ecodiesel
For sturdy doors, you would not want the OEM part, because of cheap plastic gears

The OEM Actuators from Mopar are the best there is

That leaves Dorman doors, that you can get at many auto parts stores

If you plan to keep the truck for a long time, look at
Blend Doors USA