No Hemi Power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
For a compression check you need to take a plug out.

Sent from my tapatalk equipped AT&T iPhone 4.

Slusho

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7l Hemi
Does champion platinum going to champion copper really make much of a difference?

x2 on the copper plugs - a buddy of mine got the "best" option at the auto parts store (some kind of "double platinum" things and spent about $12 per plug) and it ran like crap... swapped them out for el cheapo champions and all better.

OP
OP
Black Hemi Demon

Black Hemi Demon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Yeah those are the ones I got the double platinum because that's what the mechanic said to get, I guess I'm gonna have to go buy me so champion copper plugs, don't wanna go thru wasting money on replacing them since I just did it so I might try to change them out myself which seems pretty scary :/

v8only

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
take it to the track and run it. that will tell u if the problem is in your head or its up to par

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

truckin151

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 sport
Engine
Dont take it to the track, if there was anything wrong in the engine and you ran it WOT you could be buying a new engine at the end of the day. Not to mention times for one stock ram are NOT the same for another. Just to many factors there to go off of times.

The oil in your TB is due to the EGR valve, it basically recycles spent exhaust gasses and recirc's them back through your intake to burn a second time, just stupid emissions crap.

Check your truck for codes, turn the key "on" (not starting the truck, off, on, off, on and a code (if there is one) will pop up where the odometer reading is. If there is not a code present it will say Done followed by ----- and then go to your original odometer reading. There are most definitly some codes that with not throw a check engine light. I had one for my speed sensor for example, never through a CEL but the code was always there even after clearing it. Truck ran like it was falling on its face, stalling out at stop signs, no cruise control, and really sluggish. Fix was replacing the pads on my brakes and cleaning them really good. After that no more code and it ran great.

Whats the climate right now where you are at? hot humid weather makes mine run sluggish too.

OP
OP
Black Hemi Demon

Black Hemi Demon

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks truckin, I tried the on, off on off on off technique but no codes or even the done followed by -----. And it's like about 98 degrees

Joshua88nolan

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Ik this is a very old post and that I will most likely not get a response. But did you ever find out the issue. I'm having the same issues and have already done everything that everyone has said on the trend with no luck

Marley

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Yeah those are the ones I got the double platinum because that's what the mechanic said to get, I guess I'm gonna have to go buy me so champion copper plugs, don't wanna go thru wasting money on replacing them since I just did it so I might try to change them out myself which seems pretty scary :/

There is nothing scary about changing plugs but is however more time consuming on these engines.

Oh, my bad the OP is probably in a nursing home by now