No Power mirrors, overhead console lights, radio, erratic speedo, etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob C

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997, 2000
Engine
I recently purchased a 2000 Ram, extended cab, 4x4, 5.9. The power mirrors were not working well when I bought it and have since quit completely. Same with the aftermarket radio. It quit working shortly after I bought the truck. The overhead console and dome lights don't work even after replacing the wiring harness and all lamps. There's no chime when the key is put in the ignition switch and the light around the ignition switch does not work. The other problem is that the speedo works sometimes and not others. I've been reading some and watched a few YouTube videos about the CTM.
Is the best approach to replace the CTM? This isn't a fuse issue, is it? I never had these issues with my '97 Ram, so this whole thing about the CTM is new to me. The previous owners were hard on the truck. When it came up for sale I wanted it because the appeal was it was a rust free Georgia truck and the body was in decent shape.
Suggestions please.

DodgeTx

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L Cummins, 5.2l v8
Have you checked all fuses? Sounds like a bad ground or possibly bare wire somewhere.

Check all fuses and replace blown ones then report back if anything was fixed by doing so.

OP
OP
B

Bob C

Reaction score
Ram Year
1997, 2000
Engine
I’ll check this evening. The previous owner(s) kept fuses in the console, so that may be a sign of the problem. But, it shouldn’t be continually blowing fuses. May be a ground issue as you suggested. I’ve got a ‘97, basically the same truck, but never had this problem. Thanks. I’ll report back.