No power to trailer light fuse

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BArmstrong 05

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey everyone been having trouble finding the issue with my right turn signal and brake light on my trailer. Cleaned and greased the 7 pin and 4 flat pin pugs on the truck all in good shape. Started checking for power in the fuse box, turns out I am not getting power to the fuse (pulled the 20 amp fuse and is in good shape) any idea where I need to start looking next?

Thanks in advance!

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Pretty sure the BCM controls the output of the TIPM, just before the fuse. Have also seen videos where the fuse holder connecetions were crap.

May be a funky TIPM and only way to be sure is to open it up, I believe.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
I am not getting power to the fuse
The individual circuits to the fuses are not powered up until that light needs to be on. Turn the running lights on and apply the brake.
Did you pull the plug out of the back of the 7-pin? Check power there and the ground pin.
The wiring diagram attached should work for a '13

Attachments

• TRAILER-TOW-SYSTEM.pdf
    334.8 KB · Views: 7

rzr6-4

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Pretty sure the BCM controls the output of the TIPM, just before the fuse. Have also seen videos where the fuse holder connecetions were crap.

May be a funky TIPM and only way to be sure is to open it up, I believe.

Mine did the exact same thing and I chalked it up to this ^^^^^.

I needed it to work the next day and I'm not about to spend $300 or whatever it was for a new TIPM so I ran a wire from the tail light down to the trailer connector. Easy fix.