3rd (CHMBL) Brake Light Nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Apager

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Good afternoon all,

Wanted to come out here to pick some brains in regards to my 09 1500. The 3rd brake light has not worked for the past 10 months or so and not I'm due for an inspection so need it fixed. I have installed a new bulb, checked the fuse, replaced the brake light switch, and cleaned the terminals. Still getting no power to the socket. Both cargo lights on each side work fine. Thoughts??

Thanks in advance!

Black-Wolf

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Good afternoon all,

Wanted to come out here to pick some brains in regards to my 09 1500. The 3rd brake light has not worked for the past 10 months or so and not I'm due for an inspection so need it fixed. I have installed a new bulb, checked the fuse, replaced the brake light switch, and cleaned the terminals. Still getting no power to the socket. Both cargo lights on each side work fine. Thoughts??

Thanks in advance!
You'll need to trace the wiring - if you don't have power at the socket, but you do have it at the fuse (+) side to ground (frame of vehicle) then there's a break in the wire somewhere. If you have power at the socket (+) side, to frame ground, then you might have a bad ground connection. Check resistance from (-) [aka: ground side] of circuit to frame. You should have 0 or almost 0 ohms. If you have infinity or very high, you're ground wire side is bad. I have attached the wiring diagram that should relate to this, but as your RAM is an 09, there might be some differences in how the circuit functions WRT the computer components, but overall, it's the same as my 2017. Pin 39 is the output pin from the Body Control Module. Another thought is you may have a bent/broken/severely corroded pin.

1708985754052.png

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OasisNinjaBat