No power

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have a 2001 model. I just replaced the power window switch on the driver's door, put everything back together and then I found out that the power mirrors don't work. I took the door panel back off and found no power at the plug for the power mirror. All fuses at drivers side of dash and under hood are good. Any ideas where the power to the plug comes from. I can't even find a fuse labeled power mirrors. The radio quit at the same time but I can hear the speakers pop when I turn the key on. The radio display does not come on and no sound can be heard. Any ideas on these problems?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Did the power mirrors work like they were supposed to before you replaced the left window switch?

Im sure you looked at all of the fuses in the Power Distribution Center under the hood but did you check the fuses in the Junction Block (fuse box) located at the end of the instrument panel on the driver side? You have to remove the trim cover to access the fuses and you will find the one for the power mirrors and a whole lot more. It will look like this pic.2001 Junction Block.gif

OP
OP
Runaround

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The power mirrors and radio worked perfectly before I changed the switch.
I checked the fuses under the hood and on the end of the dash with a test light. They all show power coming in and going through them.
I cannot find which fuse is supposed to be for the power mirrors, none are labeled as such.

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Do you still have the old switch? Try reconnecting the old switch to see if the power mirrors and radio return to normal operation.

I'm thinking you have a faulty new switch. It would definitely not be the first time a part was no good right out of the box.

The switch could be open internally and not allowing the power to travel through the switch contacts to operate the mirrors.

For the radio, I'd have to check the wiring diagram to see if the wiring for the radio is tied in somewhere with the wiring for the left door switch.

OP
OP
Runaround

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Are you saying the mirror power comes from the window switch?

OP
OP
Runaround

Runaround

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks I will have to look into that when I get a chance.