No Reverse 46RE 2000 4X4 5.9L

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bills Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
So I've been reading some posts about the no reverse problem. On my 2000 Dodge Ram 4X4 with a 5.9 L I found a small piece of metal in the pan, about 1 1/2 inch long not any wider than a snap ring but to a point on both ends. I pulled the transfer and over drive unit. I refreshed my memory on the 46RE tear down. All the snap rings were in place nothing broken. But now the OD unit will not go into place, I can get it all the way on except the last inch or so. I have been fighting with it for three days, had it off at least six times. Anyone have any ideas what is holding it from going back together???? thanks for the help.

OP
OP
B

Bills Ram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
So I have another 46RE on the floor so I took off the overdrive unit off and checked it out. It went right on and bolted up. It wants to back up. I'm going to check out the reverse servo. Anyone have any ideas?