No Trailer Hitch Help!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jagman_xjs

Reaction score
Ram Year
2003 2011 2019 2023
Engine
5.7 Hemi(s)
I have a Class IV hitch on my 19. I would be willing to sell. I take a $120 for it and shipping included.

TomB 1269

Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Classic
Engine
5.7 Hemi
My 2019 classic 5.7 came with the heavy duty tranny cooler, but no hitch installed. If you check out that 6K hitch it is 6K/10K tow and 600/1000 tongue. All of you that had factory hitches use the same setup. The rear frame and bumper support was designed to be the cross bar for the hitch. The only reason to go to a bolt on "frame" mount is for a class V hitch or bigger, which will exceed you towing capacity. All the guys with factor hitches, take the round plastic cover in the step bumper off, (i.e. were you'd install a ball for bumper pull) and I will bet you have a large cap screw allen head bolt there..... I am willing to bet the only difference on factory vs aftermarket install is the 2 bolts on the back side that have to be fished in on aftermarket are replaced by welds......but even that I'd not guarantee.

FYI, this is the way a lot of the manufactures are going. The rear bumper/frame cross member is being setup to receive a hitch package like this.....For those of old enough to remember the hitches that actually bolted to the bumper and or the trunk pan on our cars.....These are not those in any way shape or form.

PS if you really desire this could be welded on the back side as well. Oh ya and that bolt that goes down thru the bumper is like 250ft plus torque spec.

boblonben

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
hey guys just got my first Ram!! It’s a 2019 Ram 1500 3.6 4x4 6’4 bed Classic. I noticed to doesn’t come with a trailer receiver. All my trucks/Suv’s Come with them from the factory. And I found a couple bolt on ones on Amazon cheap I believe it was from the Curt company. 80 bucks or something like that I’ll attach a link. What do you think I usually tow a medium sized boat. Trailer and boat probably like 6k loaded a snowmobile trailer loaded probably 4500.. what you guys think!!

View attachment 167889

View attachment 167890

View attachment 167891
You need to get a class IV not a class 3!! Curt makes one, drawstring, U-Haul etc. all make ones for your truck. prices are similar, just find a local and not pay shipping, or EBAY and get one with free shipping. Curt makes a kit with lights receivers, and everything. good luck..