Not covered under the powertrain 5 year/100,000 warranty.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BacavilleHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Here's something I didn't know:
Certain things outside of the transmission, like the shifter assembly has a 3 year/36,000 mile warranty only.

On Sunday, jumped into my truck to head to Home Depot. Started right up, but the dash states " Shifter service". I tried to put it in D, but the knob shifter would not turn at all. Felt like it was locked up.
Had it towed to the stealership Monday morning. They said I need a shifter assembly so I asked them what caused the problem? They told me it was just worn out. LOL. My truck has 19,000 miles on it. I'm picking up my truck today and paying $790.50.
What a load crap.
Oh well. It is what it is. I was only out two days without a truck.

Jendsley06

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Should be under warranty with less than 36k miles. Mine faulted before my first payment and was replaced under warranty (2018)

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Hawkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
That’s crappy.

I was told by a Chrysler rep that they and all car makers were changing from “shifters” to buttons because they are electronic and “don’t break or wear out.” They explained this when I asked why a floor shifter wasn’t even an option any more.