46k miles. Should these be under warranty? Exhaust and Fuel tank

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jm91rs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
2021 Laramie 1500. At the dealership right now for an exhaust leak and because it will not take fuel. Exhaust leak is a broken bolt. Truck has never once been off road, not even in a flat yard. They want $400 to drill that bolt out and replace it.... Won't take fuel, they go right to the "it needs a new tank, no warranty coverage". Am I screwed? Do I have a 2 year old truck that needs $1000 in repairs in order for me to put gas in it and drive it without waking up the neighborhood or is there away around this guy that says repeatedly "I don't work for Dodge, I don't work for Ram. I work for this dealership. I'm not fixing this under warranty and you can call Ram if you think someone should"? Beyond frustrated. @RamCares

Last edited:

mtnrider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
You are out of warranty on the tank so that's on you but I highly doubt it needs a complete new tank.

Technically the exhaust is not covered under powertrain so you are out on that also, But I would try to reach out to @RamCares on that one as exhaust manifold issues seem to be common on these trucks. They might be able to help you out?

chri5k

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Diesel
If that is a direct quote from the service writer, it seems like finding a different dealer with a better attitude is in order.

Robert J

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I just looked up the powertrain warranty for a 2021 Ram which is 5 years, 60,000 miles. Quote:

What Is Covered Under Your Ram Powertrain Warranty​

Covered Engine Components​

• Cylinder Block and all Internal Parts
  • Cylinder Head Assemblies
  • Timing Case, Chain, Gears, Belts and Sprockets
  • Harmonic Balancer
  • Oil Pump
  • Water Pump and Housing
  • Intake and Exhaust Manifolds

Those bolts are covered. I had mine done under the extended warranty and it only cost me my deductible $100. You need to find a different dealership. These people are going to charge you and also submit a warranty claim to Chrysler. They're trying to screw you and the manufacturer.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
Even if the bolt wasn't covered under the powertrain warranty they are covered under the EPA's 8/80k emissions warranty. It's an emissions related component.

That dealer is trying to f*** you. I'd tell them to eat a sack of d***s and find another dealer.

Cburns59

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I'm having a similar issue with my 21' ram 1500 5.7 hemi larimeee crew cab. 41k miles. Noticed an exhaust leak and tried to tighten the bolt at the flange that had backed out and it snapped. Any idea if this would be covered, or any easy fix besides drilling the bolt out? I'm guessing the other will snap too. ex1.jpgex2.jpgex2.jpg

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
I don't think it'll be covered since it's post emissions systems, and you're out of warranty. You can try hitting the flange with a torch and using vice grips on what's sticking out, thread it through the rest of the way. Or take it to an exhaust shop and let them deal with it.