Ocassional start problems

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wdills

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Normally during a start my truck beeps the horn, locks the doors and lights up the wait to start light. Now it sometimes starts normally and other times it doesn’t beep the horn or lock the doors or light the wait to start light. When this happens it shows a gas pump looking symbol where the wait to start should be. If I attempt to start when this happens the engine will spin but won’t start. Anyone know the likely cause of this.

Burla

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Hemi Reg Cab 4x4
Engine
Hemi
Win module needs to be pulled apart and cleaned, or just replaced. You can bypass it all together to verify this is the issue. If you replace win you need to program fobs and get flashed I do believe.

The other thing could be tipm, if the solder joint on the fuel pump relay is toast, it happens, then you need to fix or replace tipm. It would answer why spin and no start.

I am fairly certain one of these will fix it, but your issues are complexing, one spins engine doesnt jive with horn and lights and intermittent issues. It's a confluxafk of an issue. One thing points one way and the other points the other. How old is the battery, when you have complexed stuff like this sometimes the answer is the battery.

Ram Night

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
It is possible they the fuel pump relay is starting to go bad. Do a web search and you will find a lot of information on how to use a simple just tap jumper to bypass the relay to see if this is the issue. And there are other sites that shows how to install a fog light relay and harness to completely bypass the stock relay.