Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kris_ G

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Cummins 6.7
Hey guys first post, but I’ve been having some issues with my 6.7 recently. It has a odd choppy idle that has been driving me crazy for the past while. The dealer can’t find any issues with it and it doesn’t throw any related codes to the engine. The only thing that helped was unplugging the fca, which maxes out rail pressure and the noise went away. I was told possibly my lift pump because it’s pushing about 14.5gph when I was told it was suppose to be 20gph+. Other than the weird exhaust idle it runs fine and the fuel mileage hasn’t seem to change and I checked the valve lash and everything seems to be in spec. I found a video on YouTube (will post link to video at bottom) that sounds exactly the same as mine but I couldnt get a reply from the poster.

2010 6.7 68rfe 3500, fully deleted with H&S tuning

Throws code p2299 for the brake and accelerator pedal, but I don’t know if that would cause this issue.

Therottenjohnny

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins diesel
Did you solve the problem? I have seen similar issues in other instances. Boats and motorcycles for example that had a similar issue and it turned out to be an exhaust leak somewhere in the system.