Oem remote start fail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jackfate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Got 2016 1500 5.7 outdoorsman
Remote start only works occasionally. Took to dealer didn't start then later it does.
This is not a case of operator error.
I always hear noises such as relays & fuel pump engagement but no starter .
I get notice on dash to put key in turn to run just like it does when it does start

Only had truck 2 wks

Drummin4jc

WWG1WGA!
Reaction score
Ram Year
2024 Ram 2500 CC
Engine
6.4 Hemi
When you took it to the dealer, did they end up doing anything at all?

Adam

OP
OP
Jackfate

Jackfate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
They said all they did was check for codes & cleared them .

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I've done this and seen a few other as well, but if you accidentally forget to put the truck in park before turning it off, the remote start won't start. It will make all the noises except crank.

This is on the 8 speeds. I dunno how it reacts on the 6.

You won't get any codes or anything. The evic will probably just say remote start disabled or something like that.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

BigChief

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you get the "Remote start disabled" message? I get that from time to time when I park outside and the kleptomaniacs are out looking for pocket change. If someone tries to get into your vehicle it will disable the function.

-B-

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the hood latch had a quite replacement thing going on for a long time something to do with the wiring in the latch it is a 5 min job

baum

Reaction score
Ram Year
2015 Laramie
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In order for them to clear codes there actually has to be a code. Find out what code was there that they cleared

that is just their "go to" answer because their computer couldnt tell them what was wrong. not thinking some poeple are smarter than that.

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
bring it back to the dealer and make a stink until they find the issue or replace the unit!

OP
OP
Jackfate

Jackfate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I've done this and seen a few other as well, but if you accidentally forget to put the truck in park before turning it off, the remote start won't start. It will make all the noises except crank.

You won't get any codes or anything. The evic will probably just say remote start disabled or something like that.

Thanks , hope your correct. I do in fact forget to put dial in to park sometimes.
Lazy on my part as I find it does it electronically

Thanks

7777xm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks , hope your correct. I do in fact forget to put dial in to park sometimes.
Lazy on my part as I find it does it electronically

Thanks
I hope that's all it is too. I think it's just a safety thing.

OP
OP
Jackfate

Jackfate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
bring it back to the dealer and make a stink until they find the issue or replace the unit!

I'll do that if it keeps up. Really don't like them touching my truck. Had some nerf steps installed & discovered a dent ( they were thrown in on the deal). Also installed a P3 brake control that they will give me crap about . It's a simple plug in unit

Cheers

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I'll do that if it keeps up. Really don't like them touching my truck. Had some nerf steps installed & discovered a dent ( they were thrown in on the deal). Also installed a P3 brake control that they will give me crap about . It's a simple plug in unit

Cheers

I understand that completely but unfortunately you need to get it squared away! :(

OP
OP
Jackfate

Jackfate

Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Currently remote start is working now since 7777xm told me about the D & key off (not the other way around)

Thank you all

On a side note here , just towed a 6800# camper 90 mi. Got 8.4 mpg : ( hoping for 10+)

Anyhow Cheers

Quint

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 Big Horn 1500
Engine
5.7L v8 eTorque
If any of the doors are not closed 100%, the remote start will not activate. Also, as discussed in a few threads, the remote start will turn off immediately if your 'low fuel' light is on because you're almost out of gas.

Definitely not having it in Drive or all the way back can be it. Every time mine hasn't worked it was frustrating, but I've always found a 'reason' like the dial didn't click all the way back to Park, my daughter not closing her door all the way, etc.

fredansandy

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

Thank You! I have had a couple of times where remote start would not work. The EVIC said to use the key to start the engine and reset the remote start function. I thought it was a random failure.

I know at least one time and maybe both, I turned off the key without rotating the knob to park. Now I know it was operator error and not my truck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lowrider357