OEM trailer brake install then camper lights not working.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jimbro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I installed an OEM trailer brake from Mopar and it's working properly but now my camper lights are not working. I used Alph Omega to test the lights (turn signals, parking) and they work. But they don't work other than that. Prior to T. brake install they worked. Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check the cartridge fuses in the fuse box. A blue 20 amp runs the driving lights and I think another for turn signals/brake lights left-right side independent. Maybe U popped the fuses. If for no other reason to at least let you know where they are. On my trailer, I cannot plug in the lights when activated/vehicle on. I will pop the 20 amp driving lights every time, but that probably is a ground wire issue somewhere on my trailer.

Above just a thought.

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Added the OEM module to my '16 Sport, too. Had been using a Takonshka Prodigy P3 with no problems, After adding OEM, I had trailer power and such, but no lights.

Mine did same thing and there was another setting in AlfaOBD that I had to change and all the lights started working on my boat trailer.
Under ECU qualification, had to change "Control-Trailer Tow" from no to yes and under CBC features, "Trailer Tow Present" from No to yes.

Now it all works perfectly

Hope this helps

OP
OP
J

Jimbro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Thanks everyone for your replies. I did check all the fuses and there okay. Before the OEM install I never had issues with the camper lights so I was thinking it may be something in the settings. I will try changing the settings 04fxdwgi suggested. Unfortunately, I won't be able to try this until later in the week as I keep my camper at my brothers house 30 minutes away.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Check the cartridge fuses in the fuse box. A blue 20 amp runs the driving lights and I think another for turn signals/brake lights left-right side independent.
The fuses for the +13 Gen4 trucks
F53 ATR 20 amp Left Trailer lights
F81 ATR 20 amp Right Trailer lights
F29 FMM 20 amp Trailer Park lights
F28 FMM 20 amp Trailer Back up lights
F30 FMM 30 amp Direct from battery
F11 J Case 30 amp Brake Lever
F87 ATR 10 amp ITBM module

Also attached is the wiring for the trailer tow wiring just in case but it doesn't seem the OP has a wiring or fuse issue.

Attachments

• TRAILER-TOW-SYSTEM.pdf
    334.8 KB · Views: 1

04fxdwgi

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2016 1500 Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Also, hope you downloaded the configuration before you started to make changes. If you didn't, download before making any more changes, so you keep track of what was done in the event something goes sideways.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The fuses for the +13 Gen4 trucks
F53 ATR 20 amp Left Trailer lights
F81 ATR 20 amp Right Trailer lights
F29 FMM 20 amp Trailer Park lights
F28 FMM 20 amp Trailer Back up lights
F30 FMM 30 amp Direct from battery
F11 J Case 30 amp Brake Lever
F87 ATR 10 amp ITBM module

Also attached is the wiring for the trailer tow wiring just in case but it doesn't seem the OP has a wiring or fuse issue.
I did not think it was a fuse issue either, BUT does not hurt to check and know which ones controls what.

OP
OP
J

Jimbro

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Update: So I rechecked all the fuses again using a multi-meter and all the fuses were good. I had a set of trailer lights with magnets that I use on my trailer when needed, plugged them in and no lights. Went back into AlphaObd to make sure everything was turned on and it showed all the trailer lights and turns signals were present then I did what 04fxdwgi did in the post above and reset the Trailer Tow under ECU config and now the lights are working. Thank you 04fxdwgi and everyone else that responded. You guys ROCK!!!

Griffy45

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Added the OEM module to my '16 Sport, too. Had been using a Takonshka Prodigy P3 with no problems, After adding OEM, I had trailer power and such, but no lights.

Mine did same thing and there was another setting in AlfaOBD that I had to change and all the lights started working on my boat trailer.
Under ECU qualification, had to change "Control-Trailer Tow" from no to yes and under CBC features, "Trailer Tow Present" from No to yes.

Now it all works perfectly

Hope this helps
Holy **** thank you so much. I was having problems with this after messing with a trailer brake system. After countless hours and tracing wires and and fuses, also a visit to the garage. This was my issue. Thank you