Trailer Brake Controller 2023 Ram 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Loonie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Trailer brake controller installed by dealer does not allow me to choose brake type. Shows heavy electric only, it does actually work on my trailer but it is light electric. Trailer options on touch screen will not activate. Dealer says they did program it and now are asking Chrysler Engineering to help them. I question if they have done the programming since it does not show as installed when I put in my VIN number.

2003F350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 CTD
Might not show as installed on your build sheet on Chrysler's website because the truck wasn't built with it - it is now considered a dealer-added option.

As for programming it, they likely missed a step. My wife's allows me to select brake type and IIRC I can also set up different trailers if I want to on hers, and the dealer added/programmed hers. Sounds like your dealer's techs need a bit more training.

OP
OP
L

Loonie

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Thanks for your opinion, that is exactly what it seems to me also. I have contacted the sales manager so that should get the service dept. looking deeper at themselves.

sigfla

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
When you added the TBC and they added the sales code did you get the towing app and gauges widget added? You may need to reboot the radio to factory then see if those appear correctly.