Ohio Banning Colored Headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

parttimer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I personally cannot stand when people have green or blue or pink headlights. How do they help you see at 2am in the country with street light? Nothing more makes me want to drive into the light than when i see that.

Sent from my LG-E970 using Tapatalk 2

DavidRam

Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 RCSB
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just a quick update to:
"You will have to have a caucasian light on one side, an african american light on the other, a hispanic light in the bed of the truck (cuz that's where they lke to ride), asian turn signals and a *** light (which would be your tail light ofcourse)!!!

Now THAT, is all inclusive lighting!"

Please place your orders at PoliticallyCorrectLighting.com. Their moto is 'Lighting For A Color Blind American'

Roadkill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I agree with Parttimer, I drive a long, barely lit road between uni and family, most of the time at night and I hate those cars that have the green headlights and I've also seen purple (and I mean purple, not the LED purple) and I've seen pinks, like mentioned before. I think they're distracting and sometimes blinding. And I do know LED's come stock in a lot of higher end cars, but it just bothers me they're so bright. I feel like I have to take the chance and not pay attention to the road until they pass. I'm wondering how ohio cops are going to react to all this though; are they gonna be able to tell the difference between stock and customized lights? I remember reading that somewhere already on this topic, but I can't remember who said it.

OP
OP
Cruizer

Cruizer

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 Sport 4x4 QC
Engine
5.7L Hemi
It's not the color that's the problem though. You can have just as bright HID lights in color the same as OEM halogens. I see these on most imports now though, not just higher end cars. I've noticed them on Nissans, Honda, Hyundai even. I still think most of the problem is lack of aiming them. Most I see issues with look like aftermarket options.

Regardless, going after the color isn't going to fix anything IMO.

Roadkill

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
And not to mention the headlights that are aim-able by a flick of a switch. A lot of these people with the imports you mentioned seem to have a lack of knowledge of how their headlights should be aimed, if they aren't adjustable at the drivers seat that is.

I think its going to be hard to write tickets over headlights in general, unless if the driver is just driving around with high beams on all the time or the driver is just being a complete jerk on the road. I'm no lawyer, so I don't know how technical things can get. But I agree, HID's and LED's are gonna be walking a fine line.

mjd91

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
In Texas it's technically illegal to install HID's into non-projector housings due to regular housings scattering the light like crazy.
However I have never seen it enforced.

LB3711

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6L V6
Good I hope it goes thru. Kinda dumb when people buy HIDs or colored bulbs past 6000k color. Makes them useless.

Sent from my Nexus 7 tablet using Tapatalk

blackout11

Reaction score
Ram Year
2011 R/T
Engine
hemi 5.7
just remember the gov can tell you what lights to have but they still cant find a missing jumbo jet smfh