Oil Leaks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JaredTXV10

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
8L V10
Hi forum.

I have a '99 2500 V10 RWD with about 190k. It is leaking/seeping oil in a few places. The obvious culprits I can see without tearing into things are the oil pan and valve cover gaskets.
Very soon I plan on digging into things and replacing those gaskets plus probably the rear main crank seal. My question is what other gaskets would be a good idea to change out while I am at it?
Are there any that will need to be replaced as I take things apart (It looks like the intake manifold may need to be removed to get to the valve covers)?
Should I but gaskets individually as needed or buy a kit like the FelPro lower engine seal kit?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hi forum.

I have a '99 2500 V10 RWD with about 190k. It is leaking/seeping oil in a few places. The obvious culprits I can see without tearing into things are the oil pan and valve cover gaskets.
Very soon I plan on digging into things and replacing those gaskets plus probably the rear main crank seal. My question is what other gaskets would be a good idea to change out while I am at it?
Are there any that will need to be replaced as I take things apart (It looks like the intake manifold may need to be removed to get to the valve covers)?
Should I but gaskets individually as needed or buy a kit like the FelPro lower engine seal kit?
If you are going to remove and replace the rocker cover gaskets you will need the intake manifold gaskets. I would also check the front crankshaft oil seal and the timing cover gasket. If you remove the throttle body from the intake manifold I suggest picking up a new gasket for it and If the truck has EGR you will need those gaskets as well.