Oil Pressure Sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
So a few days ago I noticed that my oil pressure was consistently between 5-7psi lower than it has always been(from cold start to at temperature). I know because I watch the pressure like a hawk. I first thought possible culprit was I had possibly clogged up the oil filter. Changed oil and filter no change. Next thought was possible oil sending unit screen was clogged. Was possibly because I had ran some redline sl-1 fuel cleaner in three tank fillups in a row. Had read that could possibly happen if done to aggressively and I would say 3 in a row is kind of aggressive lol.

Then today it all of a sudden jumped to 96psi and just stays there and of course CEL. At that point culprit is the oil pressure switch. Just so relieved I do not have to drop oil pan to do a cleaning lol.

With that what is your guys thought on the doorman sensor? I know doorman is good in some departments but not others so want your thoughts if this is a valid replacement or if I should no doubt go OEM. Any of you guys have issues with the aftermarket sensor and what is your recommended?

OP
OP
B

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
B

Burn2k12Ram

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just an update. Got the sensor other day. Installed yesterday. Super easy job took about 10 minutes total. Make sure and have a deep socket for the sensor removal and install. CEL cleared after about 20 miles. Oil psi back to normal. Yay