OK QUESTION for any one whose builta DODGE RAT ROD. Please read at least my 1st post .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
Do any of you Guys know what year models came with or used Chrome Beauty Rings. .& I'm now planning on using Flat stock steel 16'' paintable rims.
But what year & model did Beauty Rings come on.

OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
DO ANY OF YOU GUYS KNOW What year models of either Dodge pickups or Dodge 1 ton vans. That had 16 in wheels that had Chrome Beauty Rings on them.
& ALSO What truck or Van has the wheels with no dish to them. I believe they are the ones that are 6 inch wheels..
But 16'' & 6''wide & flatest wheels is what I'm looking for..
what do these come off of.

OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
OK Guys Today I stopped by our local Radiator shop. & He & I were talking about if I'd got started on my 1951 Ford to Dodge truck .
He'd built a 1946 Dodge several years ago. & It was on a different frame & & had a Camaro front end under it.
He didn't think I'm going to be able to put those ford fenders over my Dodge. front wheels .. He said He thinks they'll scrape on the top of the tires ..
I've measured them several times . & While I'm expecting they'll be very close . I guess I'm hoping they'll fit with some kind of adjustments .
....Do any of you have any experience . With building something like this.
... I've always in the past been able to figure out a way to make the needed adjustments..

Last edited:
OP
OP
P

PaPitt

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L
I thought about how to fix this situation yesterday.
I think the way to fix this is to Put a PUCKS on my mounting brackets when I mount the cab & fenders onto the frame.
Or just include a step up made into the mounting brackets. Which I'll be making the Mounting brackets anyways. SO TO ME It's just a part of making the mounts...
If the tire stick out past the fenders .. A lot of kids run their 4x4 truck with wheels sticking to far outside the fenders for me . Then try & find a 6'' flat faced 16'' rim, & then run the smaller tire on the front.. After all it's a 2 wheel drive truck & If it's a 1951 truck showing then you expect an old truck to have smaller tires in the past than we run on todays trucks .
& If it's a Rat Rod, again anything goes...
I'm not sure this will this will be a problem. He's more of a purest than I am.
I'M CERTAINLY a REDNECK AT HEART......
He may have caught me off guard.