One of those days....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Marshall

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 sport
Engine
5.7 hemi
I have 110V ac on my dash, but think it's rated at 400 watts, probably not enough for the battery charger, just looked at my 12/18V fast charger, rated at 2.75 amps AC = 303 watts , so may work, or not. Next thing will be to see what fuse or braker is on the power supply.
guess I'll get my book out again and check the rating on that thing, it will run my laptop OK.

A little history info: back about 1974 or so ,I bought a couple new generators , same as on my older trucks pre alternator days, It was wired for 110Vac at 1500 watts.
Princess Auto in Canada sold them, one I mounted on my old fuel truck, 1963 IHC , it would run tools, motors, etc. It had a volt meter on it , so just set the engine speed to 110 or 115V.
You needed another V belt of the crank or some would run it off the alt. with a double pulley.
The other one I run with a 6 or 7 HP B&S motor, with a small alternator and small 12v battery as you needed 12v to turn on the 110v, worked for standby OK, I seem to remember about $100.oo for those units, the rest , alt, battery I had lots around the shop.

Last edited:
OP
OP
EdGs

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
I am sure mine has some sparse in the main box, Daughters car does.
If the fuse was in the compressor, they would be different anyway

When I use to carry small compressor back in the day, I always clipped it to the battery and kept the motor running, one of the Grandgirls has it as she is on a lot of country roads.
If I was getting another, I would be tempted to try out the new cordless one as I have lots of Milw. batteries, but if you run out of battery , then same problem, That reminds me ,wonder what my spare tire pressure is at?
You might have spare fuses, but if you have not actually looked, you might be in for a surprise.

My fusebox had plenty of slots that said spare, but not a fuse to be had in any of them.

My spare tire is in decent shape, surprisingly. I will be checking it again before we load up to go, and you can take that to the bank.

As well as having tools and such for emergencies, make sure to have a jackstand or two, along with a couple pieces of plywood, incase you have to change a flat on soft ground.

I gotta get a different inflator though, so I lessen the risk of blowing the cigar lighter fuse again.

Last edited:

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
we having one of those days now. we were camping at lake texoma when all the tornadoes went thru nearby..only got some wind and rain. we saw the forecast for rain everyday so came home to Hurst yesterday..then about 7:30 storm blew thru here..80 mph winds and several large limbs broke off our trees and knocked some big holes in our roof..so now we busy mopping and emptying buckets till tree guys and roofers can get here.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
we having one of those days now. we were camping at lake texoma when all the tornadoes went thru nearby..only got some wind and rain. we saw the forecast for rain everyday so came home to Hurst yesterday..then about 7:30 storm blew thru here..80 mph winds and several large limbs broke off our trees and knocked some big holes in our roof..so now we busy mopping and emptying buckets till tree guys and roofers can get here.
ARGH, now dat suks. Hope all does well. I had trees down on my property, but they were in Hossie area. One in the middle, and one monster tree of neighbors that came down and took out my Hossie fence. Neighbor and I spent 2 days out there cutting up and removing and put up hossie fence temporary till I can get replacement 16' cattle panels put up which I have, but not feel like pounding T Poles at 102F, it was bad enuf running chain saw in that heat and humidity. Were U able to get some tarps up there at least to help cover the area till repaired? Hope that do not have to replace too many roof panels also (underlayment under "roofing").

Attachments

• tree 1.jpg
    tree 1.jpg
    360.1 KB · Views: 3
  • Tree 2 down storm wednesday.jpg
    Tree 2 down storm wednesday.jpg
    345 KB · Views: 3
  • tree 2h - Copy.jpg
    tree 2h - Copy.jpg
    403.6 KB · Views: 3
  • tree 2i.jpg
    tree 2i.jpg
    405.2 KB · Views: 3
  • tree 2k.jpg
    tree 2k.jpg
    395.6 KB · Views: 3
  • tree 2o - Copy.jpg
    tree 2o - Copy.jpg
    357.2 KB · Views: 3
OP
OP
EdGs

EdGs

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
That sucks. Prayers sent for speedy and lasting repairs.

Last edited:

runamuck

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 dsl
ARGH, now dat suks. Hope all does well. I had trees down on my property, but they were in Hossie area. One in the middle, and one monster tree of neighbors that came down and took out my Hossie fence. Neighbor and I spent 2 days out there cutting up and removing and put up hossie fence temporary till I can get replacement 16' cattle panels put up which I have, but not feel like pounding T Poles at 102F, it was bad enuf running chain saw in that heat and humidity. Were U able to get some tarps up there at least to help cover the area till repaired? Hope that do not have to replace too many roof panels also (underlayment under "roofing").
we set out some storage tubs and a cpl. coolers under the holes to catch rain water. then at some point the sheetrock fell off the ceiling and we gathered the pieces up and carted them out. this went on for the night and since we recently got a new roof, we called that roofer and he sent a crew by lunchtime to remove limbs and cover roof. we lucked out and did not lose power so we closed off the "open air room" and were able to say comfortable in the rest of the house. pool was full of tree parts and canopy torn off a gazebo and one panel of green house blew out but hail only got to smaller than golf ball so no other holes in roof like some folks had. looks like you gonna have some firewood to sell this winter.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
we set out some storage tubs and a cpl. coolers under the holes to catch rain water. then at some point the sheetrock fell off the ceiling and we gathered the pieces up and carted them out. this went on for the night and since we recently got a new roof, we called that roofer and he sent a crew by lunchtime to remove limbs and cover roof. we lucked out and did not lose power so we closed off the "open air room" and were able to say comfortable in the rest of the house. pool was full of tree parts and canopy torn off a gazebo and one panel of green house blew out but hail only got to smaller than golf ball so no other holes in roof like some folks had. looks like you gonna have some firewood to sell this winter.
The neighbors tree we carted off to his burn pit. The monster trunks cut up in his yard we "argh" put in front loader and to burn pit. Trunk stuff and all I got stacked. Will advertise and sell cheap. I do have a few more to include Mesquite I need to trim, and a 3 prong over 100 year Old Oak needs to be trimmed. I did talk to a contractor to trim that up, and he wanted 4K to do. WELL, it is a massive job, and prob most I be able to do is get low hanging stuff cut up and stacked. I do not have 4K hanging around. I just spent a heck of a lot more than that putting in windows. ALAS< I need some lottery numbers to work one of these weeks.

Wish U well on yer roof and stuff, and hope U get a decent resolution. There were entire neighborhoods on the west side in Temple got waxed. But I know DFW and NE TX area and Oklahoma been taking it on the chin hard also.