One rare Canadian Hemi Coronet

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
That is a cool find! Im going to assume they couldn't find a period correct 426 as why they went to a 72.
Dang, almost made me drool on the keyboard.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
That is a cool find! Im going to assume they couldn't find a period correct 426 as why they went to a 72.
The car came out of a wrecking yard in the 70's,and it's original drivetrain had already been stripped out it.If i remember the story on the car,it was originally sold in Alberta,and was street raced up till the original motor blew up,then it went to a wrecking yard.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
The car came out of a wrecking yard in the 70's,and it's original drivetrain had already been stripped out it.If i remember the story on the car,it was originally sold in Alberta,and was street raced up till the original motor blew up,then it went to a wrecking yard.
Shocking that they junked it. Glad someone saved it tho.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
I mean, they're okay. If you like old man cars. :yawn:

I was always more partial to Plymouth :D
View attachment 541285
I grew up with this 71 Hemi Charger,lol. Car was butt ugly in my opinion as a kid,the only redeeming feature it had was when the air grabber was flipped up,lol. I used to get picked up at high school fairly often in it,and also had the pleasure of replacing it's water pump when i was 16,it was also the only time i got to drive the car,as i told my Uncle Andy the only way i was gonna replace the water pump was if i got to drive it,he and my Dad drank beer while i changed the water pump,and they'd drank enough beer by the time i was done,my uncle threw me the keys,and my buddy and i took it for a drive,at well over a 100 mph on gravel roads no less,lol.I still remember my buddy grabbing the dash when i got it up past a 100 on a gravel road,lol

Attachments

• IMG_4235 (2).JPG
    IMG_4235 (2).JPG
    244 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_4238 (2).JPG
    IMG_4238 (2).JPG
    223.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4239 (2).JPG
    IMG_4239 (2).JPG
    165 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4242 (2).JPG
    IMG_4242 (2).JPG
    183 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_4243 (2).JPG
    IMG_4243 (2).JPG
    185.3 KB · Views: 6

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Well duh Cuda's were probably the best looking muscle car.
I still think 72 and 73 Cuda's were the best looking cars built. There were a few of them at my high school in the mid to late 70's. Growing up in a fairly well to do farming community in the 70's meant every kid had either a muscle car,or a brand new truck,lol. We wrecked alot of beautiful cars as kids,aarrgghh,makes me sad to think of the cars that my generation wrecked as kids.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I still think 72 and 73 Cuda's were the best looking cars built. There were a few of them at my high school in the mid to late 70's. Growing up in a fairly well to do farming community in the 70's meant every kid had either a muscle car,or a brand new truck,lol. We wrecked alot of beautiful cars as kids,aarrgghh,makes me sad to think of the cars that my generation wrecked as kids.
No one new back then. I mean its the same way with the Foxbodies and F bodies. Wrecked or left for dead. No one knew jack squat.

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
We could still get 340 Dart Swingers in Western Canada in 71 and 72. CrossTown in Edmonton reportedly sold more Hemi cars per capita of any dealership in North America,they even out sold Mr Norms/ Spaulding Dodge in the late 60's early 70's. Both the oil patch and farming communities were booming,and there was lots of money floating around in Western Canada in those days,and Chrysler wasn't stupid,they sent their hi-po cars to areas where they could be sold

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Fair enough. The '71 grill looks best to me, especially in anthracite. But I'd love to have any early 70's 'Cuda.

I grew up in a less well to do farming community in the 70's. We all drove beat up old hand me down cars and pickups LOL. I mean, my first car was a '66 malibu 4-door (283 2-speed powerglide) I bought from my parents for $100. My sisters nick-named it Humble. :D

OP
OP
W

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Fair enough. The '71 grill looks best to me, especially in anthracite. But I'd love to have any early 70's 'Cuda.

I grew up in a less well to do farming community in the 70's. We all drove beat up old hand me down cars and pickups LOL. I mean, my first car was a '66 malibu 4-door (283 2-speed powerglide) I bought from my parents for $100. My sisters nick-named it Humble. :D
I bought a 74 Valient with the mighty leaning tower of power to use as a winter beater in the early 80's,couldn't kill that old slant 6,and i tried,but the car got the nickname "slug" from my buddies,as it wouldn't get out of it's own way,even downhill with a tailwind,lol

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I bought a 74 Valient with the mighty leaning tower of power to use as a winter beater in the early 80's,couldn't kill that old slant 6,and i tried,but the car got the nickname "slug" from my buddies,as it wouldn't get out of it's own way,even downhill with a tailwind,lol
When I got together with wife #2 in 1984, she had a 74 Dart, slant 6. Clanked and moaned, groaned, etc, BUT U could not kill it. If it is not a rust heap somewhere, bet it still running. Kinda miss the sound of those old slant 6 starters turning over, a well known, familiar and pronounced sound.