One ton dually pulls to right.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Dargeloh

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9 Cummins Diesel
My 1995 Dodge 3500 dually Cummins diesel 2 wheel drive pulls to the right. It isn't a hard pull, but enough that if you let loose of the steering wheel it will immediately drift to the right. The front end has been aligned and new ball joints installed. The shop said the springs were alright and couldn't find anything askew. Switching the front tires makes no difference. The truck has never been wreaked, but I'm going to have a local frame shop check it out to make sure the rear end is in alinement with the front. Has anyone else experienced this with one of these? The truck is in excellent shape and the STOCK, never turned up Cummins runs super. I really love the truck and would like to alleviate the pulling to the right problem. Any suggestions would be really appreciated! Thank you in advance!

Last edited:

MADDOG

Out Exploring Arizona
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I would check the track bar, links and bushings. My 1999 perished after 30K miles so I upgraded it to a Moog unit and it ran straight after that until I traded it in.

Reactions: Mop

dick strough

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
My 01 1500 pulled slight right. Front was good. Back was out a little. Springs were seated on the axle pins, so the shop said only fix would to replace the whole rear end or live with it. I'm living with it. As long as I rotate every 6k, tires show no wear.

tjfdesmo

Reaction score
What brand of ball joints was installed? As much as the OEM balljoints might not last as long as we'd like, many aftermarket ball joints get draggy, especially with the weight of the Cummins, and cause poor tracking. When the ball joints wore out in my '05 the shop installed Moog brand, and the truck never tracked right again.

Reactions: Mop