OPT7 Redline Tailgate Light bar

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Shady Hills, Rednecksville Boro, Florida.
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Anyone use the Redline tailgate lightbar? I believe its made by OPT7, part number :Aura-EXSTP150CM-T-37210-3653

I know what the Recon ones are like and they are sequential / scanning /amber but also require a resistor for another 50 on top of the 150 dollars for the light bar.

These OPT7 lightbars for the tailgate are like only 60. And are supposed to be very bright. Was wondering if anyone has these?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/60-LED-Tail...low-/121673083797?hash=item1c5447eb95&vxp=mtr

I could only locate one video about a OPT7 led tailgate light bar, looks pretty bad ass if it the same unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HBt2j5cl438

Last edited:

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

CMil527

Reaction score
Ram Year
2021 RAM 1500 LARAMIE-CC
Engine
5.7 Hemi
looks pretty good from the youtube clips... never been a fan of them personally but this one looks very bright!

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
R/t,

Do you have these installed currently? Pics?

I'll see if I can find some pics, I didn't install them on my truck, I installed them on a F450 King ranch we have on the Ranch. rewired them so all LED don't like up with the tail lights and the others light up with the blinker on each side. I put one in the middle with all illuminated and the left and right side as I just mentioned. I know I have picks somewhere. If not I'll take some when I'm at the ranch this working.

The opt7 bars come with 2 year exchange warranty. They can't be that bad?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
That is alot better than most I have seen with no or barely any warranty.

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I'll see if I can find some pics, I didn't install them on my truck, I installed them on a F450 King ranch we have on the Ranch. rewired them so all LED don't like up with the tail lights and the others light up with the blinker on each side. I put one in the middle with all illuminated and the left and right side as I just mentioned. I know I have picks somewhere. If not I'll take some when I'm at the ranch this working.

That is alot better than most I have seen with no or barely any warranty.

I always remembered older men having these on their trucks. I guess Ive reached that age now to pull the trigger on it HAHA. Im ONE of them!:roflsquared:

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I always remembered older men having these on their trucks. I guess Ive reached that age now to pull the trigger on it HAHA. Im ONE of them!:roflsquared:

Yeah the owner of the truck is about 15 years my senior... so I guess that classifies as old man too. :roflsquared:

maybe its my age but I have always thought they are ugly! :puke:

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Someone forgot to tell my Recon it need a resistor because I didn't put one in and it works great and I haven't burned the truck down yet.
Jay

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Someone forgot to tell my Recon it need a resistor because I didn't put one in and it works great and I haven't burned the truck down yet.
Jay

I was originally eyeing the Recon one, the one with amber turns etc. But i noticed they require a seperate harness resistor for another 60 bucks.

R/T_Fire

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was originally eyeing the Recon one, the one with amber turns etc. But i noticed they require a seperate harness resistor for another 60 bucks.

I think the separate resistors are for the change in load not to make it blink like crazy... if you are putting on or have put on LED tail lights you should not need this as long as you tap into that resistor already their for the tail lights.

I need to install these on our Type 5 F450 grass rig fire truck, I converted the lights on the custom flatbed making it a fire truck to be LED lights, it just blinks like crazy... not sure if that actually effects the LED life or performance or not.

ufokillerz

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Which one? If the redline, I shall wait to here from you before pulling my trigger:naughty:

the opt7 redline, for 60 bucks its worth giving it a shot. It has great reviews on amazon btw, but amazon prime only has the 48" version

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
the opt7 redline, for 60 bucks its worth giving it a shot. It has great reviews on amazon btw, but amazon prime only has the 48" version

I know about the great reviews, I already looked at them. The video showing the arabic chap installing them on his chevy truck was the only one I could find, it looked pretty impressive and bright.

big_red06

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Bighorn
Engine
hemi 5.7
i have the Opt7 Redline light bar it is very bright only had it for a month and its been through some nasty rain and still going strong so far im happy with it and if it lasts me through the two years of its warranty i wont complain for 60 dollars shipped

OP
OP
Limeybastard

Limeybastard

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7