Optioned Out Laramie Longhorn vs Limited

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Keppler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Going to place an order for a '19 Ram soon.

I prefer a two tone interior vs an all black interior. So I optioned out a Laramie Longhorn to the equivalent Limited. The Indigo/Frost is too light and seems it would be difficult to keep clean.

The vehicles are the same except for the Black/New Saddle interior.

The Laramie Longhorn was about $1800 more.

Any one know why there is that much of a difference.

Accountant

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Laramie Hemi 5.7L
If you compare window stickers there are things that are standard in the Limited that are options in the Longhorn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

phlram

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I just looked up the Indigo interior... damn, it's really NICE...

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I was in the same boat. The brown and wood grain on the longhorn was my preference. I think the only thing the Limited has is the badging and extra chrome molding.

Slatts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I was asking exact same question until yesterday at the dealership I had them bring a Longhorn and Limited side by side. The Limited was black/black and the Longhorn was Delmonico Red/Walnut Brown with the New Saddle interior. They were both pretty much loaded except the Limited had the air suspension and the Longhorn had the Off-Road package. To me the Longhorn was just more interesting and looked better suited for the ranch and the Limited looked like a city truck. The Longhorn is now sitting in my driveway.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
^^^. Pictures for those of us who actually just like pictures lol.

adrianp89

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I think the LongHorn gives you more interior options too. I believe they have three different interiors. The Black/Brown was the winner for me... I only saw a medium brown/tan interior too that was nice... but too light for me.

Slatts

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I think the LongHorn gives you more interior options too. I believe they have three different interiors. The Black/Brown was the winner for me... I only saw a medium brown/tan interior too that was nice... but too light for me.
Agreed, but I think there are only 2 interior options for the Longhorn. The brown/black (aka New Saddle) interior was the winner for me.

409674[/ATTACH]']MSQJZv6.jpg

and looking back....

409676[/ATTACH]']aLFV361.jpg

...and the dash...

409678[/ATTACH]']ANd08fo.jpg

Attachments

• MSQJZv6.jpg
    MSQJZv6.jpg
    564.6 KB · Views: 0
  • aLFV361.jpg
    aLFV361.jpg
    549.2 KB · Views: 0
  • ANd08fo.jpg
    ANd08fo.jpg
    584.4 KB · Views: 0
OP
OP
K

Keppler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I like the black/New Saddle interior with the Delmonico Red exterior on the Laramie Longhorn.

If you add the Level 1 Equipment Group, the Advanced Safety Group, and the 4 Corner Air Suspension to the Laramie Longhorn, it is $1,790 more than the Limited.

I do not understand this added cost for similarly optioned vehicles.

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Neither did I and my dealer had NO reasonable explanation either. In order to get the best bang for your dollars you have to know the price of everything including what pkg comes with what. Trust me if you think this is bad, try building a Mercedes, everything and I do mean everything is priced separately .

RamBlade

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Neither did I and my dealer had NO reasonable explanation either. In order to get the best bang for your dollars you have to know the price of everything including what pkg comes with what. Trust me if you think this is bad, try building a Mercedes, everything and I do mean everything is priced separately .

All of the European luxury cars are bad about that. They nickel and dime you to death, even for things that most would think should be included in a luxury vehicle at those prices.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Don’t I know it lol, and here I am ready to order a 2019 Audi A6 because I’m a glutton for punishment.

Purplert

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Agreed, but I think there are only 2 interior options for the Longhorn. The brown/black (aka New Saddle) interior was the winner for me.

409730[/ATTACH]']MSQJZv6.jpg

and looking back....

409732[/ATTACH]']aLFV361.jpg

...and the dash...

409734[/ATTACH]']ANd08fo.jpg

Holy hell thats a awesome color combo. Here I though t the Longhorns only came with that light beige interior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Attachments

• MSQJZv6.jpg
    MSQJZv6.jpg
    564.6 KB · Views: 0
  • aLFV361.jpg
    aLFV361.jpg
    549.2 KB · Views: 0
  • ANd08fo.jpg
    ANd08fo.jpg
    584.4 KB · Views: 0

DRkNESS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Have you given the Maserati or Alfa a test drive?

Keep it in the family!

Sadly I am 6’2” and I weigh 280LBS so I need width interior wise. I am not familiar with either brand but am willing to try before I buy. I’ll have to se where one is close to my little town. :)

JoshR104

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Yea its stupid the way they do it.. my guess is they are hoping more people just buy the top of the line model over optioning out a lesser model but in that case they should offer all the colors and appearance packages on the top trim.

I actually specced out a laramie with the sport appearance package with color match grill with all the bells and whistles of the limited and it was almost 2500 more over the limited with same options I wanted because a lot of the options are standard on limited but the package costs more than the difference from base msrps.