Ordering tomorrow -- unless you tell me otherwise!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

traveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Hey all, I just want to run this by you to see if I can get any feedback.

We've been over and over all of our options for the past week or so, and we are ready to order this truck and move on with our lives.

Please let me know if anything stands out to you as really DUMB. Otherwise, tell me what a sweet deal we are getting, so I can sleep all warm and fuzzy at night. haha ;)

Ordering a 2015 Outdoorsman 1500 Crew Cab 6'4" box.

CANNOT find anything close to what we want, within a 300 mile radius.

So what we have is the price with all of our options added, salesman prints out the sheet and we get the EP because we have that discount code.

They say we get whatever rebates are at the time of delivery, which no one has any way of knowing.

We are trading our Durango and they are giving us $500-850 more than KBB ranges say it is worth at a dealer.

We are also trading an OLD Honda Odyssey that we were pretty surprised to hear they were willing to give us $3000 for. Today, salesman says the owner is not happy that another guy told us that number, because it is too high, but they will obviously honor it.

So -- bottom line is -- when ordering (which we have never done) -- is it a good deal to get EP pricing, plus good numbers on our trades, plus whatever rebates are available when it comes in?

Does any of this sound BAD to anyone?

Thank you!

Selcher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 eTorque
I don't understand what it is you're asking... it sounds like you're asking us if a good deal is a good deal?

Reactions: JMB

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
You get the rebates that are available now and if they are better at delivery u get the additional $ deducted. If they are worse , you get the rebates that are available now when you place order. Dont let them tell you otherwise. Make sure it is in writing too. That is what i have learned on this journey that I have been on for a couple months now trying to get a new truck. What price are you getting on the truck not including ttl? Where are you located (just curious)? What options? We cant tell you if you got a sweet deal without figures. You should be able to do better than ep. How many dealers have you contacted? Lots of questions

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
When I bought mine I had a final price before I gave my down payment. If I were you I'd get this. I wouldn't want to get the rebates that are available when you pick the truck up. I like to know exactly what something will cost me before I buy it

OP
OP
T

traveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I don't understand what it is you're asking... it sounds like you're asking us if a good deal is a good deal?

Yes. I am asking if ~what my husband and I think is a good deal~ is actually a good deal, according to all of you experts.

So I guess you are saying YES. Thank you! :)

Galion

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Am I the only one very confused here? As far as I can tell you're asking if it's a good deal without saying what the deal is? But eh, I never claimed to be bright :crazy:

OP
OP
T

traveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
You get the rebates that are available now and if they are better at delivery u get the additional $ deducted. If they are worse , you get the rebates that are available now when you place order. Dont let them tell you otherwise. Make sure it is in writing too. That is what i have learned on this journey that I have been on for a couple months now trying to get a new truck. What price are you getting on the truck not including ttl? Where are you located (just curious)? What options? We cant tell you if you got a sweet deal without figures. You should be able to do better than ep. How many dealers have you contacted? Lots of questions

Well, they are very much telling us that we get the rebates that are offered at delivery, and that is just the way it is. THIS is worth a call to some other dealerships, to see if they say the same thing.

The thing is -- the rebates offered to us now are not that great, so to us this did not seem like a huge deal.

We are being told $2000 if you finance through Chrysler --OR-- 2.9% for 84 months with them, but not both. (We would choose the financing.)

Then there is the $500 "truck month" rebate.

And another $500 rebate -- not sure what this one is.

So, in reality, even if we took a truck they had on the lot tomorrow, we'd be looking at (hopefully) a great rate for financing and $1000 rebates, max.

I am thinking maybe ~whenever~ this truck comes in, they will be better. ???

--------

When I build a truck on the site with all of our options, I get MSRP of $46,405. My husband also wants to add in a Rhino lining and I want black running boards. These two together are about $1000.

Today, with EP and no rebates, with these two things added in -- price they are telling us is $41,873. So that is a savings of about $5,532 ... not including what we are getting out of our trades, not including any rebates.

We are in a smaller town in the the Indianapolis area -- and to be honest, we have not contacted any other dealers. I like this sales guy (that may be bad, I know). This is who we purchased our Durango from a couple of years ago, and this is the place that has done all of our service. I hate the bs that comes along with shopping around, and I was really hoping we could just work out something here that we felt good about, and be done with it. Now that I have found this forum -- I am left wondering if I am a total moron, or if we are doing okay here. I honestly didn't think we could do much better than EP, and we are pretty happy with the numbers on our trades, so I thought we had a done deal.

OP
OP
T

traveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
I smell a troll

Oh my, nope, I promise I am a legitimate mom of 3, trying to work this deal out because my husband is too busy working and/or hates dealing with salesmen.

OP
OP
T

traveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
When I bought mine I had a final price before I gave my down payment. If I were you I'd get this. I wouldn't want to get the rebates that are available when you pick the truck up. I like to know exactly what something will cost me before I buy it

Do you know if this is officially on Dodge's website / fine print anywhere ... Or is this something I will just have to call around about, and then tell my sales guy, "Well, look, so and so dealership says they don't do it that way..." ?

I mean, I could tell him I read all about it on an internet forum, but I'd like to have something a little more solid, you know? :D

OP
OP
T

traveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Am I the only one very confused here? As far as I can tell you're asking if it's a good deal without saying what the deal is? But eh, I never claimed to be bright :crazy:

I'm sorry, maybe I am the idiot here. :( I did post numbers in another reply. Thanks!

cc rider

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
Listen, your frst mistake was going to only one dealer. Forget the clown youre dealing with. Hes BS-ing you. You should be able to get more than 5k off. You lock in the rebates and if they change for the better you get those. You wont lose money. I ordered a truck last year and locked in the rebates with my deposit. As far as the truck month $500, Im not sure. That i think you lose, but someone else can confirm that.You are a t a disadvantage with the trades. If you have the time sell the trades yourself. those might hurt you. Learn to not be friends with the salesman, Its business. If you like him and they give you a deal youre happy with , bake him a cake or whatever you desire. If you have the time, u are at an advantage. Sometimes its a waiting game and they wait for you to give in. Sometimes, they dont budge. If you can, go out of state or to a high volume dealer like the one below. Incredible prices sometimes. Now if I said something stupid, one of the guys here will correct me. Youre in the right place.

How does 34k sound:

New 2015 Ram 1500 SLT OUTDOORSMAN!!! For Sale in Boise ID | 4F0489 | Serving Caldwell, Meridian, Nampa

Last edited:
OP
OP
T

traveler

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
HEMI 5.7
Thank you, cc. I am checking out that guy's website right now.

The #1 problem we have had is finding a crew cab with the longer bed. Even if we could find ONE, the odds of it having everything else we want are slim to none. That is how we reached the conclusion of ordering.

How do the trades put us at a disadvantage? Unfortunately, we are not in a position to be able to sell them ourselves. We need to trade them in. Between the two, we will JUST be breaking even with what we owe on the Durango.

I did go just now and fill out the Costco program thing I have seen mentioned here a few times. So I guess I will be talking with some other dealerships tomorrow. Thank you for your advice. I really appreciate it!

FXCLM5

Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 Laramie CC
Engine
ED 3.0 V6
i just went through this

buy used is all i can say, same price will net you better/more options in exchange for a few miles

i was set on a a quad cab 4x4 hemi but bought used next day after wheeling and dealing

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
yep shop around a bit. i know it can be exciting getting a new vehicle and you want it as soon as possible but always take your time and visit a few different dealers. if you have them print out their offers(or other trucks online) you can take those with you and other dealers will usually undercut them. same goes for your trade take their offers with you. in my experience they won't usually wiggle much on trades but it never hurts

if you do find something you really like and the price is good buy it on your terms. if the salesman is pressuring you at all with tactics like "this offer won't last" or "what will get you into this truck today" just say you need to think on it and wait a day or 2. if it's a truck on the lot and you really do want it you can always put down a small deposit but make sure it's refundable. by leaving you show them that you won't buy blindly and you actually do get time to think on it without the salesman sitting there applying pressure or while looking at the truck thinking about how nice it is

when and if you do decide you're happy with a dealers offer always have them spice it up somehow. it doesn't have to be huge but if you're looking at something on the lot and there's a fairly inexpensive option it doesn't have like side steps, muds flaps or the rubber floor mats you can usually work it into the deal. also things like a few free oil changes(i got 6) and a free wash every year or twice a year. really whatever you can get(within reason) to get a little extra helps a lot

roadshow

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just that he's not being forthcoming about how rebates work and also probably lying about his boss being mad about your trade in. Sounds like a dishonest guy so far, I'd keep a close eye on him

Andy578

Reaction score
Ram Year
2014 Outdoorsman
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just that he's not being forthcoming about how rebates work and also probably lying about his boss being mad about your trade in. Sounds like a dishonest guy so far, I'd keep a close eye on him

of course he's lying. i've yet to see a salesman that doesn't have to clear offers with his boss first. i suppose it's always possible he didn't talk to his boss but it's highly unlikely and would most likely cost him his job

clh1220

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
They always try to act like your doing your a favor. Last salesman I had kept doing that until I set him straight that were not buddies or friends and your not doing me a favor by selling me a truck. I'm doing you a favor for buying one from you. I wouldn't buy used of I was you don't of the best prices I've seen on here for used was only like 3k less then what I paid for on my loaded big horn. And I got all rebates and 0% for 72 months. Which you don't get that on a used one. They need you and you don't need them.

KarL45

Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 Ram Express quad cab 4x4
Engine
5.7 MDS
Another question, what exactly are you going to "order" and what are your intended uses? Your handle is "Traveler". Are you going to be towing a trailer and if so, what length and weight. Are you intending to haul anything of significant weight? How many people will be in the vehicle? What part of the country are you in and are you anticipation towing into higher elevations? Not only getting a "good deal" is the only consideration. Also, the "selling dealer". Is he local, have you dealt with them before? Anyone you know that has so that after the sale performance can be gauged? These would be some of my questions and concerns. Don't be too quick to purchase. Just some of my thoughts.

xrsman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 Ecodiesel
Definitely shop around. That discount is half of what it should be! 41K is too much for a big horn. Hell I paid 52K tax in for my 2014 Longhorn absolutely loaded in Canada! It was an order and I locked in rebates with the deposit. The dealer absolutly can lock in the rebates at the time of deposit