Outlaw Exhaust - do not click

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Saltillo Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
what up Ram forum crew? Sorry about the title. But, we got 5K muffler threads. I had to put something different in the title to get the A crew in here. So....

Driving home tonight - I got to thinking -

Why not come off the cats - into a Y pipe. Cut the squeeze out. BUT make the Y pipe a 2.5 into a 4" single????

Come on! Think about that......

It would require a 4" single inlet muffler. WHICH - there are plenty out there from the diesel weirdos. :). (Those idiots even run 5" inlet mufflers.) LoL But make it a 4" inlet into dual 2.5 or 2.25 outlets????

Why not?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Saltillo Express

Saltillo Express

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
thanks for the overwhelming response. I did further research and there isn't a 4" inlet dual outlet muffler out there.

charonblk07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
F1-A forged 349ci
You wouldn't want a 4" inlet off of 2.5"s, you'd lose too much flow velocity as the gas would need to slow down to fill the extra volume. As the exhaust travels it's cooling down and getting smaller in volume, you need to keep that in mind when designing a system. If you had a bigger cube engine or a blower that generates more volume then a 4" single exhaust would work, but the 5.7L wouldn't do well on its own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk