OUTSIDE TEMPERATURE DISPLAY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jumbalay35

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hi all this is my first post here and sorry if this is a dumb question and can correct me if I am wrong. But shouldn't the display on the radio show the temp outside as well as station? My DJ did that but for some reason its not on there. I Actually don't recall if it was there or not when I bought it. As I never really paid attention to it before. But have noticed it lately. Is it just a setting or something? 2020 Ram 1500 Classic, has the 8.4 inch screen without NAV. The outside temp will show in the cluster in the middle but for some reason not on the radio display.
I also just noticed that I cant turn my radio off at all. I push down the volume control button for a few second and nothing. When I release it, it just mutes the sound.

Any ideas?

Also I wasn't sure if there was thread for this and not sure what to look under

Thanks

Different Drummer

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar V6
I know you cannot completely turn the radio off. You can mute it by pushing in on the volume control knob. My thoughts when the truck was new is that is is a rather odd setup, but I am cool with it now after having the truck for a while.
I always look at the instrument cluster for the OAT. However, the little lady says she reads it from the center display screen. I will check mine to see.
I also have the 8.5 without Nav activated. Different year than yours but still a 4th Gen. classic.

Edit: Just checked for you. Upper right corner of the 8.5 display shows OAT right next to the compass heading. Both are showing on the driver instrument cluster as well.
I did not look for any setup screen. If necessary I am sure you can find it.
Good Luck

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jems007