P0463 code after changing fuel pump

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ken mosher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hey just wondering if anyone has some general information for me.
Fuel pump recently went on my 07 1500 5.7. changed fuel pump with one I ordered online and now it's throwing code p0463 and fuel level it on empty with light on even though half full.
Now I know I need to pull the tank back out but going to wait for nicer weather.
I'm wondering if it will cause any damage if I leave it for a couple weeks and if there's something I should check on the pump or if I got a defective pump and should get a new one
Another possibility I thought of is the float somehow got stuck all the way up or is rotated completely around.
Thoughts?
Input?

Fast69Mopar

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
Hey just wondering if anyone has some general information for me.
Fuel pump recently went on my 07 1500 5.7. changed fuel pump with one I ordered online and now it's throwing code p0463 and fuel level it on empty with light on even though half full.
Now I know I need to pull the tank back out but going to wait for nicer weather.
I'm wondering if it will cause any damage if I leave it for a couple weeks and if there's something I should check on the pump or if I got a defective pump and should get a new one
Another possibility I thought of is the float somehow got stuck all the way up or is rotated completely around.
Thoughts?
Input?
Leaving the pump in the tank is not going to hurt anything. As long as the pump works and the truck starts, runs, and performs like it should.

Which way did you position the pump when you installed it? Is the float on the driver side of the tank or the passenger side of the tank?
It's supposed to be on the passenger side when looking down at the pump.

OP
OP
K

Ken mosher

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Leaving the pump in the tank is not going to hurt anything. As long as the pump works and the truck starts, runs, and performs like it should.

Which way did you position the pump when you installed it? Is the float on the driver side of the tank or the passenger side of the tank?
It's supposed to be on the passenger side when looking down at the pump.

The float is on the passenger side, there is a tab on the pump that only goes in one location on the tank.
Luckily I can get a refund for the pump and a new one but still a major pain in the ass

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radikio