P1762

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrp79

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Would that code cause the tranny not to down shift at wot and have no effect on tv adjustment.
I had a 1762 and 0753.i only changed the gov solenoid with a borg.now only have the 1762 code.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Yes it would. 1762 sends the trans into a sort of limp mode that keeps it in 3rd gear when you put it in D.

Did you change the transducer when you did the solenoid?

Arians

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Check that your O2 sensor's circuit isn't shorted out the gov sensor uses the same circuit as the O2 ground and 5 volt. I have the same problem changed out both and still have the light not sure what else to do.

dapepper9

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.9L V8
Check that your O2 sensor's circuit isn't shorted out the gov sensor uses the same circuit as the O2 ground and 5 volt. I have the same problem changed out both and still have the light not sure what else to do.

Clogging in the valvebody will cause this also. 02s being shot will also cause engine problems normally. Governor sensor and solenoid can be changed as well as fluid and filter, then test drive, still have code and problems, delete check valve, and flush system. If it persists there's a good chance you have funky **** in the valvebody