P20EE code and resolution

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Cws57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
Greetings fellow Eco owners!
Recently had the check engine light come on. 2017 Eco with 107000 miles, other wise running great.
I borrowed a "hand held" OBD2 scanner. It didn't have RAM as a selection but it did have Dodge. After selecting Dodge it did detect a code "P20EE". I googled it and found several youtube videos that showed how to clean the DPF injector. Sure enough when I pulled the injector it was crusted with DEF. It was easy to clean up. I reattached the injector, started the truck but the check engine light was still light. The scanner had a feature to clean the code but I tried that several times with no luck.

Should I try another OBD2 scanner?
Is there still an underlining problem?
Do I need to have the truck's computer "flashed" to clear the code?

Thanks for the insight.
Craig

Daw14

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 hemi
Keep driving for awhile ,sometimes codes take a few or more cycles of the truck running . Give it a few days it will probably come around.

OP
OP
C

Cws57

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Eco Diesel
Thanks! Turns out I didn't use the OBD2 scanner correctly when trying to clear the code. I should have had the engine OFF and the ignition in the ON position. Done correctly the code is cleared.