Pads n rotors in canada

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hey fellas...
Been reading forums here on pads n rotors for my 1500 sport...So many different opinions and brands..I kinda settled on the napa oex stuff but rotors n pads were about $1000....What the name of god did i look at,they were not made of gold and how much of an upgrade are they..
Napa part # i found were
Ft rotor 78880073($147 ea)
Rear 78880082 ($142 ea)
Pads ft fnp557991 @ 125 per axle
Pads r fnp557867 @100 per axle..
Then typical taxs here in novascotia ...Thats not even installed yet! To cold to be doin it outside here now and my left rear suddenly ate a rotor so im in a bind..
Suggestions from you canuks??

Im fairly sure a dealer would do it all with oe stuff for less but not called anyone yet

OP
OP
craigsez

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Sheesh..Just talked to local dealer and its almost a grand for mopar pads n rotors then install is roughly 320 all plus 15%taxes..
Now thats assumeing i dont need a caliper or odds n ends..
Dealer says mopar ones are not really an upgrade so im thinking the oex stuff(rotors n pads) from napa would be an upgrade(based on what i saw here)....Thoughts??

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
If the napa oex are the Wagner's then they're good pads. I run these. Most shops around here refuse to install parts they don't supply, which is BS, but be aware of the possibility.this is what I'm running. I keep extra brake parts for the few rams I work on. I was about 600 with taxes and shipping from rock auto for 1 set of front pads, 1 set rear pads,Delco rotors all around, powerstop coated e-brake shoes and delco e-brake hardware kit. CDN$. Shipped to BCIMG_20210121_1013445.jpg IMG_20210121_1010599.jpg

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I find the oe e-brake pads corrode and the pads separate so I'm trying the powerstop ones. If you can just do the rears since the rotor is cooked and wait for the fronts you could save some$ ordering from rock auto.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
Rotors are pricey to ship so you don't save a ton, but the pads were 38 a set when I ordered them and when I ordered 2 front and 2 rear sets I was around 200 shipped all in.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
For the most part napa gold parts are good quality.

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
Hey fellas...
Been reading forums here on pads n rotors for my 1500 sport...So many different opinions and brands..I kinda settled on the napa oex stuff but rotors n pads were about $1000....What the name of god did i look at,they were not made of gold and how much of an upgrade are they..
Napa part # i found were
Ft rotor 78880073($147 ea)
Rear 78880082 ($142 ea)
Pads ft fnp557991 @ 125 per axle
Pads r fnp557867 @100 per axle..
Then typical taxs here in novascotia ...Thats not even installed yet! To cold to be doin it outside here now and my left rear suddenly ate a rotor so im in a bind..
Suggestions from you canuks??

Im fairly sure a dealer would do it all with oe stuff for less but not called anyone yet
Rockauto is your friend. Buy your parts there, they ship to Canada, no extra fees. Just pay attention to where your parts are coming from in your shopping cart if it's from multiple warehouses you'll end up paying a little extra for shipping you're better off to try to get the majority of your parts come in from one Warehouse. Takes a little bit of playing around sometimes but it can save a fair amount on so hipping

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Rado

US NAVY VETERAN
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6 V6
My dealer in Maine wanted $1400.00 US to do front and back OEM rotors and pads :O

Had my local garage install WAGNER E Coated Rotors and WAGNER OEX pads. $500.00 US :O Yes he cut me a big deal.

Have the OEX on my sons F150 and had a set on my RAM before these ! Little to no dust , Great pads and rotors

Livinalittle

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2013 Sport, 6 speed, 4x4, 3.92
Engine
5.7L Hemi
Canadian tire sells power stop now. Also, so does Amazon.

Quyonmob

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Rockauto is your friend. Buy your parts there, they ship to Canada, no extra fees. Just pay attention to where your parts are coming from in your shopping cart if it's from multiple warehouses you'll end up paying a little extra for shipping you're better off to try to get the majority of your parts come in from one Warehouse. Takes a little bit of playing around sometimes but it can save a fair amount on so hipping

^This. Exactly the game I play. I call the local parts store “yep, no problem bud, got your ****** no name made in China already warped right out of the box rotors for $125ea or our mega premium in house rebranded brand namers for $145ea”

Dealer “we can get you fixed up for $1400”.

Rockauto “we actually have mid grade parts for reasonable prices and they actually come with the proper hardware”

Driveway brakes in the cold are no big deal. OP, if your caliper suddenly ate a rotor, be ready with new pins, or a new caliper.

OP
OP
craigsez

craigsez

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The ppwer stop stuff has no stock...Im not tracking my truck so drilled and slotted is not something needed...Besides drilled is an ole school trick that doesnt really do much for a daily driver other than weigh more and chew pads quicker...I can almost justify slotted or those dimpled rotors but im in a pinch and dont have time to order and wait 10 days for stuff..

If i buy from the usa i have to pay shipping plus duty and exchange rate so thats a nope..

My driver side brake chewed up my rotor pdq and i need my truck to be availble to do my stuff...

Called my local napa and they dont sell wagner stuff..

I work nights and sleep most of my days so its a pia to research and call around but even so i cant travel to to far with that bad rotor....

As for possible caliper,yeah im kinda hopeing it was the materal came off the pad metal vs a caliper...

Jjst over 30 thou miles on my truck....Canadian tire earlier this summer past said all were fine in my brakes..When i had new tires go on dec 23rd the tire shop said same and i have only gone a few hundred miles sence..What ever happened,happened quick..

As for doin a 4 wheel rotor n pads in my driveway in the cold..Frig that....I had planned on doin something this summer but it didnt last..Figures..

Dealer app on fri for oe stuff....

canadiankodiak700

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.7L Pentastar
If i buy from the usa i have to pay shipping plus duty and exchange rate so thats a nope..

This is exactly why i said order from Rockauto avg said there are no other charges.

You select Canadian currency at the top of the page, it tells you the shipping. There is no duty.

This is why rockauto is highly recommended by Canadian car guys.

I'm in Ontario age i usually have my order in 3 business days.
What you save on the price of the parts vs local stores, more than makes up for the shipping charges.

BWL

Embrace the skeptisism
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
The ppwer stop stuff has no stock...Im not tracking my truck so drilled and slotted is not something needed...Besides drilled is an ole school trick that doesnt really do much for a daily driver other than weigh more and chew pads quicker...I can almost justify slotted or those dimpled rotors but im in a pinch and dont have time to order and wait 10 days for stuff..

My driver side brake chewed up my rotor pdq and i need my truck to be availble to do my stuff...

Called my local napa and they dont sell wagner stuff..

I work nights and sleep most of my days so its a pia to research and call around but even so i cant travel to to far with that bad rotor....

As for possible caliper,yeah im kinda hopeing it was the materal came off the pad metal vs a caliper...

Jjst over 30 thou miles on my truck....Canadian tire earlier this summer past said all were fine in my brakes..When i had new tires go on dec 23rd the tire shop said same and i have only gone a few hundred miles sence..What ever happened,happened quick..

As for doin a 4 wheel rotor n pads in my driveway in the cold..Frig that....I had planned on doin something this summer but it didnt last..Figures..

Dealer app on fri for oe stuff....
If you ate the rotor in the back at 30k it's probably a sticky caliper. I've found that super common in the rear. The slides get crap under the boot and they stick so the pad drags (usually the inner one) and you wipe the pad and groove the rotor.) I'd wager at that mileage only the rear needs doing and the fronts are good for a while yet. However, if they're sticky and slides partially corroded then good chance you'll need e-brake pads as well. The slides can be cleaned and lubed. There's new boot kits available. If you're lucky enough to drive roads that cause caliper sticking new callipers will do the same thing so better to just clean and lube the slides after every winter and check a couple times a year. Rockauto handles shipping,duty,taxes on the invoice so no surprises on delivery. I order consumable parts ahead of time.

Last edited: