Parasitic battery drain nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JCmich

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
My 2005 1500 4x4 w/hemi has a Parasitic battery drain that occasionally makes a ‘buzzing’ Noise behind the left side of the dashboard, and small red led type light in the lower right dash cluster when dead. I can jump it drive to town mostly starts after sitting short amounts of time, some times over night in warmer weather. But after 2-3 days it’s always dead I’ve had the alternator checked and battery replaced.

tron67j

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4 Hemi
The buzz, I think it could be a air vent damper moving, at least that is what a tech told me when I had a buzz in dash. Are you sure something is drawing power? You could have a bad alternator or battery, only way to tell is to test them. Electrical problems are tough to get at, the light that comes on may be a clue, have you traced that in the manual to what it means? One thing I have done with like problems is after testing normal items ( like battery) is to pull one fuse at a time at night and see if vehicle starts next day. That helps narrow down the problem. Good luck