Parking light keeps popping up on my dash.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you replaced the sockets? The sockets degrade over time and they are a replaceable item. Word of warning, our 4th gens don’t play nice with aftermarket rear sockets. Even the Dorman brand can be problematic. Best to stick with the OEM for a few bucks more.
OP, U gonna have to get a pic and post for any internet guessnosis so we know exactly what U are trying to assess. BUT, if U replaced the sockets with aftermarket, that definitely could cause an issue. The electrical gremlins on these rolling computer monsters are a PITA to troubleshoot.

DID U have standard halogen bulbs in the rear? Did U replace with Halogen or put in LED??

OP
OP
S

Soundshock07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Have you replaced the sockets? The sockets degrade over time and they are a replaceable item. Word of warning, our 4th gens don’t play nice with aftermarket rear sockets. Even the Dorman brand can be problematic. Best to stick with the OEM for a few bucks more.
I changed to the ones from autozone

kdoublep

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Well now his lights are poping. Please explain that one lol

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I changed to the ones from autozone
I’d bet that’s the problem. The 4th generation trucks don’t like aftermarket sockets. Try putting the OEM sockets back in and see if your issue goes away. You can search this forum for examples of aftermarket sockets causing false bulb out warnings. Look at reviews on Amazon for the Ram 1500 Dorman brand replacement sockets, many complaints that they cause false bulb outage indications. Best to use OEM sockets.

OP
OP
S

Soundshock07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I’d bet that’s the problem. The 4th generation trucks don’t like aftermarket sockets. Try putting the OEM sockets back in and see if your issue goes away. You can search this forum for examples of aftermarket sockets causing false bulb out warnings. Look at reviews on Amazon for the Ram 1500 Dorman brand replacement sockets, many complaints that they cause false bulb outage indications. Best to use OEM sockets.
Mm okay I'll look I to that 20231124_193817.jpg

OP
OP
S

Soundshock07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Do you know a oem store or website or Amazon page,?

OP
OP
S

Soundshock07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Any local dealership or there are members here who sell OEM Mopar parts, if you prefer an online purchase.

Okay apparently the ones from autozone [ sockets ] throw the error codes. So I guess I'll get the ones from napa ECH LS2192. Thank you for the help I really do appreciate it.

Atcer2018

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Okay apparently the ones from autozone [ sockets ] throw the error codes. So I guess I'll get the ones from napa ECH LS2192. Thank you for the help I really do appreciate it.
No dude! We are trying to tell you use the Mopar/factory/OEM sockets. NAPA is another aftermarket product. Go to an actual Ram or Jeep or Dodge or Chrysler DEALER parts department and purchase them. They cost about $5 more for the OEM, not worth wasting time on aftermarket sockets.

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7
No dude! We are trying to tell you use the Mopar/factory/OEM sockets. NAPA is another aftermarket product. Go to an actual Ram or Jeep or Dodge or Chrysler DEALER parts department and purchase them. They cost about $5 more for the OEM, not worth wasting time on aftermarket sockets.
Pay attention OP, OEM !!!!!!!!!

FYI: If yer O2 sensors go bad, ONLY OEM there also, just a tidbit.

ALSO, were your bulbs HID/Halogen in the rear, or LED? If they were Halogen and U PUT in LED, that will many times cause a Light Out message. If that is the case, there are Youtube vids on how to go in with Alpha and change settings also.

Last edited:

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
The software AlfaOBD, not to be confused with the first letter of the Greek alphabet, Alpha. :cool:

Just in case the OP isn't familiar, the term OEM = original equipment manufacturer.

40 years ago we could frequently substitute with any aftermarket jobber parts but in the era of rolling microcomputers, often anything but OEM will just create headaches.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Soundshock07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Pay attention OP, OEM !!!!!!!!!

FYI: If yer O2 sensors go bad, ONLY OEM there also, just a tidbit.

ALSO, were your bulbs HID/Halogen in the rear, or LED? If they were Halogen and U PUT in LED, that will many times cause a Light Out message. If that is the case, there are Youtube vids on how to go in with Alpha and change settings also.
Halogen bulbs

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Halogen bulbs
OK, a trip to the dealer in your future to Purchase OEM Sockets. Than see where U R at, all IMHO !!!!!

And since U R in Houston, U R aware plenty of dealers U can contact to get OEM sockets.

OP
OP
S

Soundshock07

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
OK, a trip to the dealer in your future to Purchase OEM Sockets. Than see where U R at, all IMHO !!!!!

And since U R in Houston, U R aware plenty of dealers U can contact to get OEM sockets.
Well I replaced it with the napa one . Seems to work just fine no error codes anymore. I only went with the napa ones cause I at least wanted to try them out to get them out of my mind if they would work or not. If they didn't then I would have gotten them from the dealership. Anyways thanks everyone for the trouble shooting of my truck and for messing with me about the pooping. I appreciate everyone's help.

RamDiver

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Well I replaced it with the napa one . Seems to work just fine no error codes anymore. I only went with the napa ones cause I at least wanted to try them out to get them out of my mind if they would work or not. If they didn't then I would have gotten them from the dealership. Anyways thanks everyone for the trouble shooting of my truck and for messing with me about the pooping. I appreciate everyone's help.

I hope you write yourself a reminder note and keep it in the glove box for future reference.

If the bulb out notification returns, buy OEM sockets next time. :cool:

turkeybird56

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Your ride Suh, do what floats yer boat. Glad U at least got some satisfactory results.

rikijm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
had similar with my 2018 after repairs to rear end. found that they had put in non-OEM sockets for turn and backup. they need to be OEM. from dealer