Parking light out after cluster upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ggoosstt413

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I recently upgraded my regular small screen cluster to the 7” screen cluster. Still out of a ram so it’s oem. Ever since I made the swap I get a message saying I have a parking light out. I have checked all my lights and they all work. Brought it to the ram dealership and the service guy said it’s my aftermarket leds. Only problem is i made no changes to bulbs after the swap. My led headlights are the only upgrade to my lights and they were not tripping the old cluster. Other than that the cluster is working beautifully. Any way out of this? I’ve seen other people talk when you put this cluster in you may need to reprogram the cluster for led lights through alfaobd. Anyone got any info for me or can point me in the right direction?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
I recently upgraded my regular small screen cluster to the 7” screen cluster. Still out of a ram so it’s oem. Ever since I made the swap I get a message saying I have a parking light out. I have checked all my lights and they all work. Brought it to the ram dealership and the service guy said it’s my aftermarket leds. Only problem is i made no changes to bulbs after the swap. My led headlights are the only upgrade to my lights and they were not tripping the old cluster. Other than that the cluster is working beautifully. Any way out of this? I’ve seen other people talk when you put this cluster in you may need to reprogram the cluster for led lights through alfaobd. Anyone got any info for me or can point me in the right direction?
What year is your truck and what year is the cluster from?

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
My truck is a 2016. And it came out of around the same year
It may be a compatibility issue if it came out of a 2018+. I've seen weird issues. If you can find out the donor year you can search the forum. This issue has come up before but different years like different clusters.

OP
OP
G

Ggoosstt413

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Appreciate it, thank you. Found a thread about OBD JScan and saw a post of a guy saying the same issues and he said he reprogrammed the lights to leds using the app. Going to try that out. I still don’t understand if the original cluster wasn’t throwing any codes with my led lighting, why would a “better computer cluster” throw these codes. It doesn’t make sense to me

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Appreciate it, thank you. Found a thread about OBD JScan and saw a post of a guy saying the same issues and he said he reprogrammed the lights to leds using the app. Going to try that out. I still don’t understand if the original cluster wasn’t throwing any codes with my led lighting, why would a “better computer cluster” throw these codes. It doesn’t make sense to me
I agree, I know it has come up several times (probably in the AlfaOBD thread). If you don't already have a tool, I highly recommend AlfaOBD.

OP
OP
G

Ggoosstt413

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have alpha obd but I kind of don’t like it. I’m an apple user and it’s only available on android. That’s where I found out jscan. Works on both

OP
OP
G

Ggoosstt413

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Just an update for anyone looking for information. Decided on a whim to upgrade my oem turn signal bulbs to led bulbs. After the switch I still get the parking light out message but the difference now is it only comes on at engine startup and is now just stored in messages. Does not ding or come up while driving, braking, or using any signals. Why the sudden change? Not sure but at least I hope this helps someone else out