Passenger side mirror glass broken

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

utah01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Hi, when backing up along my house I hit a steel post with my passenger side mirror. The glass is now broken. Checked with Mopar and a replacement mirror (heated, auto dimming) would cost me around $247. Anyone an idea of where to get an replacement mirror for less. Auto dimming isn't necessary, heated yes. I drive a 2014 RAM1500 Crew Cab Sport

Thanks for any suggestions

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
Make sure the broken glass still responds to the motor movements. It's all plastic behind that glass. If it still works, be sure to use WD40 to remove the glass or you will break the motor.

Have a look at the turn signal camera thread for more details on mirror removal.

http://www.ramforum.com/showthread.php?t=64870

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
U

utah01

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just read your thread about installing camera in your mirrors. this will help me in dismantling the broken mirror.

Question on the camera's: How do you switch between the left and right side mirror camera? I do have the full Uconnect installed.

Bought in the meanwhile an ' el cheapo' replacement mirror on Amazon. Original would cost about 240 bucks replacement 18 bucks!

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Just read your thread about installing camera in your mirrors. this will help me in dismantling the broken mirror.

Question on the camera's: How do you switch between the left and right side mirror camera? I do have the full Uconnect installed.

Bought in the meanwhile an ' el cheapo' replacement mirror on Amazon. Original would cost about 240 bucks replacement 18 bucks!

I have a lockpick installed so I can run front, rear, cargo, left and right side. On this setup there is a auto feature that does it when you hit the turn indicator and so on...

bigolayne

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
One of the others will need to chime in about doing it with just uconnect.

SitKneelBend

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.6 Pentastar
One of the others will need to chime in about doing it with just uconnect.
Not possible, the lockpick provides the ability to connect additional cameras.

Sent from my HTC One M9 using Tapatalk