Passenger Window Issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BubbaJo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Using my window controls on my driver side front (DF) switches i can put down all of my windows without issue EXCEPT the passenger front (PF) window. That sometimes will work, and sometimes wont, almost to the point of every other ignition turn. The window will go down everytime from the PF control.

Is there something wrong with my DF window controls, or do you think it would be something in the relay to that door?

audiophile

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L
If it is isolated to that one switch, most likely is the switch.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

xumengpeter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
Does the passenger side switch work everytime? If so most likely if would the master switch on driver side.

OP
OP
B

BubbaJo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
Does the passenger side switch work everytime? If so most likely if would the master switch on driver side.

yeah the passenger side switch works everytime, the master switch i think is going. This morning the unlock button wouldn't work on the driver/master door. Going to be ordering tow mirrors soon, and at the same time i'll order a switch and kill two birds with one stone.

thanks guys

xumengpeter

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Pentastar 3.6
yeah the passenger side switch works everytime, the master switch i think is going. This morning the unlock button wouldn't work on the driver/master door. Going to be ordering tow mirrors soon, and at the same time i'll order a switch and kill two birds with one stone.

thanks guys

the window switch pops out really easily with the screw driver or trim tool. you can take it out and clean the contacts and see if that helps. There is also a lit version window switch from grand cherokee will work with ram, but double check the connector is what you have if you want to order that.

OP
OP
B

BubbaJo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 Cummins
ordered a new switch and my mirrors this morning.. I have to take the whole door panel off to add the mirrors, so i'll just swap the switches while i'm doing the mirrors and we'll be golden (i hope lol)

GordDavey

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
If it is not the master switch on the drivers side, then it will be the door module. The switch communicates with the door module, which talks thru the canbus to the passenger side door module.