PC or Tuner

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

69GWC

Power Wagon
Reaction score
Ram Year
2022 Power Wagon
Engine
6.4 Hemi, 8sp
Did not know you could have more than one custom tune with these trucks, good info.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Did not know you could have more than one custom tune with these trucks, good info.
Yes but you must re-install the additional tune(s). You can't have more than one installed at any time. The tuner you plug in stores all your additional custom tunes.

I used to run a 93 octane performance tune all the time. If I had to make a long road trip, I'd go to my 87 octane "best mileage" tune.

To change tunes, you connect, change back to stock tune and then begin install of your choice tune. Once it's done, it's like being in a completely different truck. You always need to put it back to stock if you have to bring it to a dealership. They know the game. I know of 2 warranty issues the dealership tried to deny because of a custom tune left in that truck by the very forgetfull owner. Don't be that guy!

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
I was looking at the diablsport i3 mainly because i can trade in my old one for some money off. Then hemifever for the tune seems to be the popular option on this forum.

Thanks for the input everybody tuner it is just have to figure out how the trade in thing works
If you get more info on a trade in credit, please let us know. I still have my Diablo Sport Predator tuner from my '09 1500, 5.7, 4x4, 3.92. Can't use it on my '17 2500.

OP
OP
Steve Tokash

Steve Tokash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
If you get more info on a trade in credit, please let us know. I still have my Diablo Sport Predator tuner from my '09 1500, 5.7, 4x4, 3.92. Can't use it on my '17 2500.
Will do still waiting on an email back. I had asked awhile back and they said it was around 100 off for my i1000. Likely itll be different for your predator but ill report back when j figure it out.

roadrnnr

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7

You want to sell it?

Silver Bullet 350

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7l
What is the cost difference between a Diablo tuner (which I thought required an unlocked PCM purchase) and something like a pulsar. I have a 2019 and I’m looking to get some ad on for the engine.

guru1ofatl

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Having done both, HPTuners is the way to go. You can use it to install tunes from your favorite tuner or do it yourself.
There is good support on their forum for new tuners.

OP
OP
Steve Tokash

Steve Tokash

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
All I had to do was all them and they set it all up gave me an rma number and an address to ship it too. Took down my card info and said they wont charge anything until they receive the old tuner in the mail then they ship the new one out. I got 100 off for reference.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
All I had to do was all them and they set it all up gave me an rma number and an address to ship it too. Took down my card info and said they wont charge anything until they receive the old tuner in the mail then they ship the new one out. I got 100 off for reference.
Cool. Thx.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew
I do myself with Hptuners, been tuning all my vehicles with it since 2006.

Can one HPTuners programmer be used to program more than one vehicle? For example: i have a 14 ram and an 09 yukon. Can i buy one of the programmers and then buy credits to tune the ram and denali off of that one programmer? Is that programmer locked into one specific vin? I know most people go to blackbear for tuning for the gm side. But i hate to buy 2 programmers if i can tune both with one (i know you need to buy the required credits).

Pull Ya

U.S. MARINE VETERAN
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I think you can tune two vehicles with a Diablo at an additional price, although I'm not sure of the procedure to do it.
Jay

ram1500rsm

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Can one HPTuners programmer be used to program more than one vehicle? For example: i have a 14 ram and an 09 yukon. Can i buy one of the programmers and then buy credits to tune the ram and denali off of that one programmer? Is that programmer locked into one specific vin? I know most people go to blackbear for tuning for the gm side. But i hate to buy 2 programmers if i can tune both with one (i know you need to buy the required credits).

Yes, RAM's are just 2 credits for HPT. If you buy HPT it comes with 8 credits, so you can tune up to 4 vehicles at 2 credits each. You can tune your RAM, your Yukon, an F150 and a Jeep Wrangler for example, all with the same HPTuners device.

You can tune unlimited vehicles with the same device, but you'll have to buy credits after you've used the first 8 credits. After that each one credit is $50 unless you get discounted credits if you're a shop and buy credits in bulks, or you can also get credits if you buy the year/model option.

Have fun.

RoadRamblerNJ

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
392 Hemi
Yes, RAM's are just 2 credits for HPT. If you buy HPT it comes with 8 credits, so you can tune up to 4 vehicles at 2 credits each. You can tune your RAM, your Yukon, an F150 and a Jeep Wrangler for example, all with the same HPTuners device.

You can tune unlimited vehicles with the same device, but you'll have to buy credits after you've used the first 8 credits. After that each one credit is $50 unless you get discounted credits if you're a shop and buy credits in bulks, or you can also get credits if you buy the year/model option.

Have fun.
Great info. Wasn't aware you could. Now I need another truck.

16RamHemi

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7 Sport Crew

Have fun.

awesome! great info. sounds like a much better bang for the buck if you want to tune more than one vehicle. thanks for the info!

scott lass 18

Reaction score
Ram Year
2010 ram 1500
Engine
I have been back and forth on this for awhile now and not sure which direction to go. I have 14 ram 2500 with the 6.4 and it has plenty of power but seems to lack in the lower gears. I have an old diablo sport tuner that i used in my silverado and they have told me that i can trade it in and get about 100 for it which brings me to about $300 smacks which is about the same price as the PC. I would rather not get both i know people here run both but seems a little redundant in my opinion. If i go tuner i would then likely have to drop a little extra on a custom tune because from what i read the canned tunes dont do much for these trucks. I do like the idea of hemifever fine tuning the transmission because from my understanding that is the downfall on the 6.4 trucks. Help me decide...
sell it on ebay I got more have had turner diabo on truck 9 years and have it running sooo great i do 91 oct and they have help do a lot transmission runs great had electric fan set 195 and 195 state putting 180 next year get 11 to 21.6 mpg but runs so great did a new air horn off ebay 250.00 runs sooo great now to now get 11.12, 13 depends on my leadfoot hehehe !