PCM backordered with no ship date available

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ToniW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
We have a 2018 Ram 3500 with under 31,000 miles that has been sitting at a dealership for over 2 months waiting on a new PCM (power control module). Truck is under warranty so only mopar parts can be used. Mopar has none in the pipeline and keeps extending the estimated ship date. Meanwhile we're making payments on a truck we can't drive. A loaner was not provided. We pull a fifth wheel camper and have had to cancel all our trips. Anyone else experiencing this? Any advice is appreciated! We're beyond frustrated

Ricktara

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Have you reached out to customer care? They are sometimes able to help. I would call them daily.

OP
OP
T

ToniW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
I have. They opened a case, gave me a reference number and said someone would call. Unfortunately that hasn't happened yet. I'll keep bugging them. Thank you.

Riccochet

Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 2500 Laramie Longhorn
Engine
I feel your pain. Not truck wise, but boat wise. Been down since 6/2 waiting on a control board.

OP
OP
T

ToniW

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.7 diesel
This world is crazy! Trying to keep it all in perspective but it's so incredibly frustrating! Sorry to hear you're in the same boat...literally lol.

AK907

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
Been waiting on a OEM reman engine now for almost 2 months, I guess it is on backorder even though they have not said that. ETA has changed 3 times and latest was no firm ETA. Order is upgraded to VOR and 2nd in order, whatever that means. Trying to get the Dealer to install a reman from Powertrain Products.

crash68

ACME product engineer
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 EcoDiesel
Lots of people are waiting a long time for parts, @turkeybird56 been waiting for a cooling fan for his '19 truck since February if I'm not mistaken.

HEMIMANN

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2017 2500 Laramie Crew Cab
Engine
6.4L HEMI
Heck, I've been ordering even maintenance supplies and parts 4-6 months ahead of need. I know this helps drive the bubble, but they brought it on to themselves with their greedy just-in-time zero inventory parts system for ultimate profits.

We used to stock emergency generators for storm season. When corporate bought us, they stopped that to squeeze every penny from us.

Ultra capitalism is all good, yes? This is what we are all experiencing.

pacofortacos

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
We have a 2018 Ram 3500 with under 31,000 miles that has been sitting at a dealership for over 2 months waiting on a new PCM (power control module). Truck is under warranty so only mopar parts can be used. Mopar has none in the pipeline and keeps extending the estimated ship date. Meanwhile we're making payments on a truck we can't drive. A loaner was not provided. We pull a fifth wheel camper and have had to cancel all our trips. Anyone else experiencing this? Any advice is appreciated! We're beyond frustrated
Can't you buy a used PCM and have them flash it? And then keep it as a spare until the new one come in.

Not ideal but it would let you use your truck. There seems to be several used available but they are a few hundred dollars.

car-part.com

turkeybird56

Military Vet 1976-1996 Retired US Army
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2019 Bighorn, 4 X 4, 3.21 rear, Bright Flame Red Pearl Coat, Mopar tonneau cover,Westin Bed rug
Engine
Hemi 5.7

AK907

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
4.7L
2 months has passed since the local Ram dealer here in Anchorage placed my order for a 4.7 reman for my 2011 Ram 1500 via FCA. Latest is that delivery was today for an engine that has not been shipped yet….. Really?

DILLIGAF

Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Just grab one on eBay. Problem solved