Pedal Commander Question...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EcoPete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
Sorry guys, another pedal commander question and yes on my first post!

I did a search on PC's and the reviews on this forum and Amazon sound very positive and promising. The only thing I failed to see any information on is how it affects fuel mileage. I read on the PC website that they claim a 20 percent increase in fuel mileage in eco mode.

I bought a brand new 2018 Ecodiesel Tradesman 4x4 Quad cab for a smokin deal. So far so good, no issues with 22 thousand kms. I love driving the truck and I only use it to go to camp to haul my boat, snowmachines, side x side etc. It is not my commuter to go to work, but I drive it very easy (baby it actually) and pay attention to my litres per 100 kms all the time for some reason.

With that being said, I am wondering how much a Pedal Commander would negatively affect fuel mileage. I notice the truck is kinda sluggish on take off or even when I am reversing into my driveway with a trailer. I often shift the truck into 4 low when reversing so I won't hear the engine rev and have to push harder on the throttle in order for the truck to move up a slight incline. Shifting into 4 low takes care of all that and the truck just backs up nicely.

Don't get me wrong, the thought of strong acceleration excites me. I am a speed demon when it comes to snowmachines and jetski's, but when I drive my truck it's low and slow lol.

Anyway, thanks for any insight you guys have on this. Sorry for not just getting straight to the point!

bobeast

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
2014, 2017
Engine
Hemi 6.4, 5.7
So called "eco" mode is effectively useless. The truck will feel so sluggish that you'll be tempted to get out and push. Also worth noting, a 20% increase in fuel economy is not going to happen, even if you jack up the radiator cap and put a Prius under it.

All that said, the PC is worth every penny for the responsiveness it gives you.

Puba08

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Why did you get an ED if you like speed or power? (LOL jk) Anyways, I don’t see how a PC will help your gas mileage if your looking for quicker acceleration. That just leads to less gas mileage.
My PC threw codes the few times I attempted to change settings (while stopped of course). Leave it in Sport+ Zero and don’t touch it unless it snows then I turn it off.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
The eco mode is nice but not really what the Pc's purpose is. MPG will stay pretty much the same once you settle in and get used to it. My MPG pretty much stayed as it was, it may of even picked up .1 or .2 mpg. For me the great throttle response was reason enough to get it and to stay happy with it.

Message me if you would like a quote on one. I see you are in Canada, we ship there and can offer you a great price!

OP
OP
E

EcoPete

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
EcoDiesel
I drive a Ford F150 (aluminum) on the job and it's a totally different animal in terms of speed and acceleration. I drive it hard and when I need to go fast, I do. I love my Eco d because I am a diesel guy deep down. I don't need to drive my truck fast when I am not on the job. However, I do want to feel this acceleration you PC'ers experience. I totally accepted the "dogginess" of the Eco d because I didn't know any better....until I read posts about Pedal Commanders.

Besides slurping more fuel on acceleration, I can only assume mpg stays the same at hwy speeds. I can assume it doesn't matter what mode your are in while you are towing (other than eco by the sounds of it).

JohnnyMac

There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
Military
Reaction score
Ram Year
2018 1500 Laramie
Engine
3.0 EcoBurner
I have an 18 EcoD with a PC and absolutely love it. It has made a huge difference in drivability. I have a lift and bigger tires so that has affected my MPGs but the PC was very minimal. If you put it on Sport+ +4 it is going to break the tires loose every time you touch the gas pedal and will burn more fuel, but if you find something in the middle, it will improve the throttle response without really affecting the mileage. I give it my full recommendation. Got mine through @Nick@GotExhaust for a great price. I'd recommend him as well.

Nick@GotExhaust

Preferred Vendor
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have an 18 EcoD with a PC and absolutely love it. It has made a huge difference in drivability. I have a lift and bigger tires so that has affected my MPGs but the PC was very minimal. If you put it on Sport+ +4 it is going to break the tires loose every time you touch the gas pedal and will burn more fuel, but if you find something in the middle, it will improve the throttle response without really affecting the mileage. I give it my full recommendation. Got mine through @Nick@GotExhaust for a great price. I'd recommend him as well.

Thank you sir! happy to hear your great thoughts on the product and us!

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amdwilsns01