Peragon bed cover installed today on 2021 1500 Big Horn quad cab.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RAM432

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI VVT
I wanted to type up a quick post on some initial thoughts of the Peragon bed cover, why I chose it, and what it looks like installed for anybody else considering it. I did most of my research here on these forums, seeking out old threads where it had already been discussed. In one of those threads, someone recommended Peragon.

I knew I wanted a hard cover, so Peragon met that need. I had an old truck that had a rollable soft cover with the button clasps all the way down the sides and back. It looked good but was a pain to take off and put back on, especially in the winter when material was cold. It also provided no security whatsoever, so IMO it was a largely useless cover.

I also knew I wanted something that was easily and quickly foldable to get it out of the way, then easy and quick to put back into place. Peragon met that need too, but I really liked the fact that when open, it collapses in the bed and not above, blocking my rear view. Also the fact that it can be removed completely very quickly if needed. The only disadvantage to the Pergaon that I could think of is the inability to have it partially open like you can with a tri/quad-fold tonneau cover, but I couldn't really think of any scenario where I'd honestly miss that.

I decided on the Pergaon and ordered around the first week of December. They quoted Jan 26th as a ship date but it shipped early on Jan 11th, which I've seen is quite typical. Under promise and over deliver, I like it. I ordered the cover when their BF sale was still on, so I was able to get the "Platinum Package" for free, when otherwise it's normally an extra $199. I'll say right now that this package should always be included in my opinion, the non-drill quick clamps should be the only option Peragon offers and they should always offer stainless steel hardware for a product that lives outside. I could do without the dual-deadbolt and tailgate seal (and extra warranty for that matter, it either works or it doesn't).

Overall, it took about 2 hours for me to install it. I had help from the wife to lift the assembled rails onto the bed and to lock the deadbolt at the end while I was pushing up from underneath, but that was it. I'm not going to lie, it's a bit of a ***** to get lined up properly so it doesn't bind when pulling and retracting. I was mis-centered by 1/16" at the cab and it really caused me some problems initially. I also found quickly that it's going to benefit greatly just from being worked back and forth a few times, I may even send Peragon an email to make sure a little dry PTFE wouldn't hurt.

The weather sealing looks very good and I suspect it will do the job, but can't verify until I get a few good rains. The fit of the cover is dead on and the rear seal lines up perfectly with the tailgate, however this is really the only part where I could see some water getting in. The tailgate meets the seal perfectly but doesn't really do much in pushing it in to create a tighter seal, if that makes sense.

I like the material of the cover but it LOVES fingerprints. This definitely isn't something other popular textured covers have. Removing the cover is quick as well, as advertised.

Overall, I'm pretty happy with it so far, no regrets. As I start using it more in daily life, I'll try to remember to come back here in a couple of months and update with any thoughts. I've attached a couple of photos, ignore the dirty truck. I love the way it looks, the smaller panels look good IMO.

IMG_2801 - Copy.jpg

IMG_2802 - Copy.jpg

Diesel762

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I have a Peragon cover as well and am happy with it. My only gripe is that it sags about an 1/16th of an inch by the lock. When i go to lock it i have to lift and turn they key at the same time.

OP
OP
RAM432

RAM432

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI VVT
I have a Peragon cover as well and am happy with it. My only gripe is that it sags about an 1/16th of an inch by the lock. When i go to lock it i have to lift and turn they key at the same time.

That's weird. Maybe the gas springs need to be replaced? I believe that's what is supposed to hold it taut when not locked.

Last edited:
OP
OP
RAM432

RAM432

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L V8 HEMI VVT
48 hour Update: I completed the 48 hour wait for leaving the bed locked in the fully closed position to allow the seals to break in. The instructions say that when you first install it, the two panels closest to the cab won't fully close because it's still new, so you need to have someone underneath push up while another person locks it. Then, wait up to 48 hours. Well I can verify that this was absolutely spot-on. I was able to unlock it last night, retract it up to the cab, then fully extended it closed once again. This time it fully closed on its own and I was able to lock it, no help needed.

Diesel762

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I had Peragon send me a new set of shocks but it still does the same thing. Glad to hear yours locks up. I did follow that procedure upon install as well.