Performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Octane

Reaction score
The last time the wife and i were up on the Highwood pass,there were a couple bears in the ditch,there were also a couple on bicycles,and the young gal was freaked right out with how close they were ,so we threw their bikes in the box of my truck and they also crawled into the box,and we drove them a couple miles down closer to the valley floor,to where they felt safer.In the spring and fall you'll see all kinds of animals on the roads in the mountains.The last one is just east of me about 20 minutes,and is a another good road to try out your toys top speed,lol
Beautiful scenery.And it kinda sounded like a couple bears in the ditch...and a couple (bears) on bicycles.lol

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
The last time the wife and i were up on the Highwood pass,there were a couple bears in the ditch,there were also a couple on bicycles,and the young gal was freaked right out with how close they were ,so we threw their bikes in the box of my truck and they also crawled into the box,and we drove them a couple miles down closer to the valley floor,to where they felt safer.In the spring and fall you'll see all kinds of animals on the roads in the mountains.The last one is just east of me about 20 minutes,and is a another good road to try out your toys top speed,lol
Beautiful country!

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
You need to come up here,where the roads are like this,lol
Man I haven't been on a road like that in a long time! Could sure relive my youth on that, the smile I would have on my face looking out a windsheild seeing that! The name of that road should be Max Out!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Y'all dont want to know how fast I would drive late at night when people weren't on the roads. This was 15 plus years ago. I think the fastest I have been in recent years is 105 in the Charger on the toll road. I have touched 100 once in my truck wasn't too bad definitely not something I would recommend in a Ram.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Beautiful scenery.And it kinda sounded like a couple bears in the ditch...and a couple (bears) on bicycles.lol
You're right,after i read it again,it does sound like there were a couple circus bears on bikes:Big Laugh:,but no it was a young guy and girl,lol.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Man I haven't been on a road like that in a long time! Could sure relive my youth on that, the smile I would have on my face looking out a windsheild seeing that! The name of that road should be Max Out!
I grew up in Saskatchewan,that province makes Kansas look hilly in comparision,lol. I didn't even know the steering wheel turned till i left that province,i thought it was something you hung onto so you could shift your rear around on the seat after driving 4 or 5 hours with hardly a curve in the road;):Big Laugh:. Lots of roads like that in Canada's prairie provinces,with virtually no traffic.Saskatchewan isn't a hell'va lot smaller then Texas,and has roughly a million people,so there's places where it's a long ways between farms,and farther for towns,lol

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Y'all dont want to know how fast I would drive late at night when people weren't on the roads. This was 15 plus years ago. I think the fastest I have been in recent years is 105 in the Charger on the toll road. I have touched 100 once in my truck wasn't too bad definitely not something I would recommend in a Ram.
I do it my truck when the mood and correct road comes along. Doesn't take long and is smooth as can be!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I do it my truck when the mood and correct road comes along. Doesn't take long and is smooth as can be!
If I would push it mine has no problem running at a higher speed. Its always tempting especially at 3 am when no one is on the road lol.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
My '77 D 100 step side I'd do it and think nothing of it, this truck is heavier and feels much safer to me. My '77 I had a lap belt, this one has seat belts and air bags everywhere! LOL

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Back in '76 I had a friend that had a '70 Imperial that we'd get out on the highway, set the cruise on 100 mph while passing a left handed cigarette back and forth listening to "Don't fear the reaper" wide open on an 8 track tape player! 105 MPH.......PFFFFFFF!

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Back in '76 I had a friend that had a '70 Imperial that we'd get out on the highway, set the cruise on 100 mph while passing a left handed cigarette back and forth listening to "Don't fear the reaper" wide open on an 8 track tape player! 105 MPH.......PFFFFFFF!
Ive been over 200 mph in a Ford GT500 and then on my own close to 200 mph in a ex hwy patrol coupe fox body that I built. That seems like such a great time to be alive. Post Vietnam and the muscle cars were still pretty new.

hemihustlin

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 HEMI
I love when that song comes on the satellite radio! Works every time!

This thread is great!
:drunk:

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi

Attachments

• 61F9B933-764C-430B-9240-5C1C73DD2249.jpeg
    61F9B933-764C-430B-9240-5C1C73DD2249.jpeg
    179 KB · Views: 13
  • 83792866-786D-477F-BA36-CC6ECEB05A04.jpeg
    83792866-786D-477F-BA36-CC6ECEB05A04.jpeg
    140.3 KB · Views: 12

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I didn't even know what a fox body was until you mentioned it awhile back.
They were what kept the muscle car alive. They are now super collectible. My first car was a 90 that was a super low mileage 1 owner older women. They were the last of the rare muscle cars. The fuel injection and computer accepted almost any cam or set up. You could adjust the idle with a 45 dolar idle air spacer plate. It gave you the same to settings like a carburetor. Until 93 it was a truly forged motor. Ford did really good with them. They took lots of abused like the muscle cars could. They just got in on a diet car. Coupes weighed 2850 GT hatches which were my favorite wer only 3650 this is a full weight car. Man they were super fun to build, race, and drive. I always had my 5-600 cars backed by a tremec transmission.

2012RAM1500RT

TOTM Winner
Reaction score
I never was interested in anything after '72. That was the last of the muscle cars to me. Mustangs were always a pony car to me. Everything else was just what I had to settle for with the times.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Stock it was 225/305 but the torque was what made those cars. They responded so well to mods. It’s crazy thinking you could through a huge cam big heads and everything in between. We had mega squirt, but that’s more for forced injection. The world did due Id say 74 with the SD Pontiac’s. Funny fun fact, my dad bought a Z28 new. That was like the the C8 of today he says.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Here you go guys my screamer/sleeper fox that would run over 180 mph. @Wild one @2012RAM1500RT
Beautiful little car.I still think they were the best looking car to come out of the 80's and 90's. For the day they were unbeatable. My younger brother bought a 90 brand new,and he beat the living crapp out of the car,and couldn't kill it.The T-5 was the weak link in them,but his took a pile of 5500 rpm clutch drops and never missed a beat. They were virtually bulletproof on street tires,and a riot to drive,light and fast. To this day,he still kicks his asss for trading the little car off on a truck.

Wild one

Reaction score
Ram Year
14 Sport
Engine
Stock it was 225/305 but the torque was what made those cars. They responded so well to mods. It’s crazy thinking you could through a huge cam big heads and everything in between. We had mega squirt, but that’s more for forced injection. The world did due Id say 74 with the SD Pontiac’s. Funny fun fact, my dad bought a Z28 new. That was like the the C8 of today he says.
The 70 1/2 to 73 TA's were the best looking TA's ever built in my opinion. I was still in high school when a buddies Dad bought a 73SD,talk about a tire roasting car,lol.He didn't get to bring the car to town very often,but when he did,the rear tires were always short alot of tread the next morning,lol. White with blue stripes and a blue interior ,the car was eye candy to us 16 year old kids back then,lol