Pet cover for back seat

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

AirForce1

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi eTorque
I am looking for recommendations for a pet cover or hammock for a 2019 Laramie crew cab. I would prefer something that protects the doors as well. Thanks

JoeCo

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
I'm using one I bought from Duluth Trading. It uses the headrests to hold it up and in place.

We have one like this too, we bought it for my girlfriends jetta but found it also works in my ram (just a little more of a stretch but still does the job it was designed for).

UKreject

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi 5.7
I also am very happy with the Duluth Trading Co. cover. I’ve used it in 3 vehicles so it is very durable. My dog sheds regardless of how many times a day she is brushed so I just accept there will be hair everywhere. I also use a dog ramp ‘cos her arthritis is severe. The ramp folds and stores in the huge cabin.

rwwells

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
What you probably want is what is referred to as a "pet bridge". They loop over the head rests of the front and rear seats and provide a flat surface for pets and also for gear. I bought them for an SUV that was only available with second row captain's chairs and so there is a large gap between them. The bridges are available in different widths to get a good fit for your car or truck.+

rzims

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
hemi
I realize this is an old thread, but for anyone looking, I thought I'd share my thoughts on the WestherTech seat protector for pets.
I've had this installed for about a month now. It does the job of protecting the seats from my dogs muddy paws, scratches from her nails on the leather and any spills the grandkids have.
A couple of comments though....
- The attachment straps. These are elastic and stretchy and do not hold the corners tight and in place like I hoped. I'm going to cut them and install plastic buckles in the hopes I can tighten them down better. Would really just prefer nylon straps like on a backpack. It could be I'm a little **** retentive, but I was hoping for a tight, clean fit.
- The material - not sure if it's just my dog or others have the same issue, but the material is somewhat slippery for her and she slides when going around corners. She really doesn't like riding in the back seat unless I put an old blanket or comforter down for her to grip.
- Cleaning - I pulled it out this weekend after taking her out exploring and it was filthy. Draped it over a sawhorse and hosed it down and it looks good as new. Obviously it's still fairly new, but so far so good....we'll see how it holds up.
Just thought I'd share my thoughts, since this is not an inexpensive item.

Elkman

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
V6
Look for a "pet bridge" as that is what you want for your dog. They come in different widths to accomodate different vehicles and as was mentioned they clip around the head rests.

I always have had a fiberglass cap on the bed of my trucks and that along with a thick rubber bed mat is all my dogs have needed. It is a hell of a lot cooler in the bed with the tinted windows and front window left open than in the cab of a truck which is like a moving greenhouse.