Picking her up in the morning!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Devin Taetsch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I have been scooting around in my 2015 big horn but the time has come to trade her in!

I was almost going to place an order for a new truck when I came across this bad boy at the dealership locally to me. I was able to negotiate $2k off MSRP and still retain the 0% for 72.. Oh. And they are giving me 20 for trade in on my 100k mile 2015. Pretty stoked on the deal considering the market situation..

Out of curiosity… If I decide to down the line am I able to safely lift this truck with 3.21 gearing?

Also, what additions should I be considering? - Bed cover (Was looking at the Sentry)
- Weather tech floor mats? Other brand?
- Screen protector for the 12 inch headunit?

Attachments

• EC1A1A6A-A419-4D88-AACC-AAB8DF093E24.jpeg
    EC1A1A6A-A419-4D88-AACC-AAB8DF093E24.jpeg
    355.4 KB · Views: 50
  • FEB28139-43E5-4508-9C5F-D6EC4800B496.jpeg
    FEB28139-43E5-4508-9C5F-D6EC4800B496.jpeg
    226.9 KB · Views: 48

Rlaf75

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I cant help you with the possibility of a future lift but I'd highly recommend a screen protector and tonneau cover. I bought a screen protector off of amazon for $12. My truck came with the factory mopar molded floor mats that literally cover the entire floor but the weather tech would be what I would've bought if it didn't come with anything. I dont know where you live but I'd recommend the rear wheel well liners if they arent factory installed. As far as tonneau cover's go, I wont recommend any specific brand or style because that is entirely up to you to decide because there are many brands and options to choose from but I will say I bought a soft roll up cover again from amazon that was less than $200. and I'm very pleased with. Accessorizing the truck is limited to your wallets capacity so good luck with the new truck

GeometryFletch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
6.4L HEMI
I have the Mopar version of Mats, Look just like them but grippy. Weather tech is a bit to slippery for my taste.

tones2SS

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Very nice.
Great looking truck. Congrats.

Razorbackfan

Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Awesome truck and it seems the nest deals are in CA as I bought mine in Elk Grove.
I got weather techs and it’s good coverage but a bit slippery under the gas pedal initially. I sanded mine a bit to get grippy.

Treburkulosis

Your High End Detailer
TOTM Winner
Reaction score
Ram Year
2012 Lonestar Edition converted over to a Sport
Engine
5.7 Hemi
Nice upgrade!

Slotback

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Looks like a sweet acquisition to me!

Dodge 1500 4X4

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Weather tech floor mats? Other brand?

Husky all the way, and Mopar makes a screen protector for 8.4 and 12in.

Ken W

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Nice truck! Looks like you are partial to White! Actually anything sticker or better is good considering the supply issues.
I have the MOPAR mats in my truck and WeatherTech in some of my other cars…Like the MOPAR much better. As others have said not as slippery and they don’t curl. The back mat is also 2 piece so easier to take in and out.

Outdoors76

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
I have been scooting around in my 2015 big horn but the time has come to trade her in!

I was almost going to place an order for a new truck when I came across this bad boy at the dealership locally to me. I was able to negotiate $2k off MSRP and still retain the 0% for 72.. Oh. And they are giving me 20 for trade in on my 100k mile 2015. Pretty stoked on the deal considering the market situation..

Out of curiosity… If I decide to down the line am I able to safely lift this truck with 3.21 gearing?

Also, what additions should I be considering? - Bed cover (Was looking at the Sentry)
- Weather tech floor mats? Other brand?
nice looking truck

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
My just turned-in truck had the Mopar mats but for my previous truck I bough the Husky's based on recommendations from other members and liked them. I got mine from Auto Anything. I personally think Weathertechs are overrated/overpriced. My wife's old Jeep had them and they were slippery. But what I really hated about them was when they got filled with slush or sand, they didn't fold good enough to keep everything inside as you were trying to remove and dump them. The Husky's are very pliable and are rubberized rather than "plasticky". Just my opinion...

I suggest a tonneau as well - but that's almost like asking for tire advice! So many options and opinions. I'm in the North-East, so vinyl roll-ups are not even a consideration for me due to snow. I also like the hard covers for an added degree of security. Nothing will keep out a determined thief but it requires more effort and unless someone knows what you have they may not take the time. Cutting through a vinyl cover takes a second. I don't leave valuables in it, but if personal belongings or tools are under a hard cover, I am ok running into a store or restaurant for a little while. Vinyl covers are nothing more than a fancy tarp. I had 2 Bakflips but on my new truck I should be picking up soon I may go with the hard role up Revolver X4S.

Good luck

OP
OP
D

Devin Taetsch

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7 Hemi
I went ahead and ordered the Screen protector and the rough country rear wheel liners off Amazon! I also purchased the Mopar floor covers from the dealer at the discounted rate. Next will be the bed cover and a front clip clear bra and ceramic coating over the entire truck

Please let me know if there is anything else I am missing!

Graygoose

Indecisive Car Owner
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ram Year
Convert, for now.
Engine
small
no worries on the 3.21, this was my 2019 Classic, 35's and had 3.21's..

Attachments

• 20191013_140344.jpg
    20191013_140344.jpg
    120.4 KB · Views: 8

LugsLeadOut84

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
5.7L Hemi
roll up
NYC
ICE

That's true, but I thought about it...I usually don't open the cover/haul anything large if it just snowed or is icy. I usually open the tailgate and put stuff in with the cover in-place (luggage, tools, snowmobile gear, etc.). Some of the bigger things I carry like a ditch-witch I wouldn't be using if the ground is frozen. I had 2 tri-folds and just want to try something different on this truck, so I think I'll take a chance.

mikeru

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ram Year
2020 Limited
Engine
Hemi 5.7L
Nice truck, congrats! :waytogo:

JRitz187

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
Hemi 5.7
Check out Rugged Ridge Mats, been using them in my trucks since 06. Look and work great especially if you’re going to lift. Sort of more aggressive off-road looking. Also much more affordable than weather tech

Tracy in IL

Reaction score
Ram Year
Engine
3.0 diesel
You'll regret a lift kit/tires with less than 3.97 gearing. No problem with my Weather tech rock guard, mud flaps, or mats. Tuxedo low pro cover. Love them all.IMG_0727.JPG